Random Randomness and Then Some Tunes

Friday, March 30, 2012

"The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in the morning feeling just plain terrible." -- Jean Kerr

Except Moxie.

And then you wake up raring to go and ready for a party. At 6:30am. Even if Mom was up half the night working.

 ****
I love it when I stumble upon amazing finds and this one is my newest, greatest, latest find: Live from Daryl's House.

Peeps.

It's freaking amazeballs!

It's all the Hall & Oats songs from the 80's remade with hot new artists in Daryl Halls HOUSE!

I wish I could just be a fly on the wall and sit and watch. Maybe if I was quiet enough they would indulge me and let me sing along. Just for one song. Or maybe two.  You can tell that these musicians are having the time of their lives just hanging and playin' tunes with each other.

My favorite find so far? It's a toss up between Kiss On My List with Rob Thomas and One on One with Cee Lo Green.

Whoa Nelly. These are freaking amazing and I could listen to them over and over.

Oh wait. I already have. Never mind.

It's raw, real, pure music in its absolute finest form.

Heaven peeps. Heaven.

Now I just need to figure out if I can download all this in either Spotify or iTunes.

You listen and tell me which ones you're diggin' more.



 

 Great  Balls of Fire! 

I'm in love and have a something new that I'm obsessing over. Which will make Jefe happy so I'll quit bugging him about the "fix it list" that is now a mile and a half long.


*****
I turned the comments back on.

Just to test the waters.

Please be nice to me.


*****
I'm heading to SLC tomorrow for a huge get together with a bunch of bloggers at the SLC Public Library.

If'n you're wanting to come and hang with the cool kids, that's where we'll be. From 9:30 - 5:00pm There's food, fun and yes. I'll even be listening to General Conference to see what sort of changes come about. I hear there are bunch of peeps going out to dinner after, too. You could maybe tag along with us. If you're so inclined.

Get more deets here. 

*****
I love it when I find a good book to read, too. And boy howdy do I ever have a good one right now! I have been basking in the sun outside while Moxie chalks the crap out of the driveway and I read and read and read. The book is over a thousand pages and I am in sheer hog-freaking-heaven.



This is the first book that I have ever read of Steven King's and I pink sparkly puffy heart LOVE it. A lot.

I am NOT a fan of horror. AT. ALL. But this? It's fantastic.

{i loved his made for tv movie The Stand, too. it rocked my world. and still does.}



*****
Do you Spotify?

Man alive. I do. I LOVE Spotify. More than Pandora or iTunes.

It's freaking awesome and I love that it's all at my finger-tips and ripe for the pickings and I just have to pay a small monthly fee instead of buying every freaking damn song.

I want to marry Spotify.

I wonder if Jefe will mind ?


*****
I have been non-stop listening to the Live from Daryl's House for the last few days, and decided that I will break the rules today for the random 10 and pick my favorites from what I have heard.

 I"ll link to their videos for you.

Cause I'm a giver like that.

Prepare to have your minds blown. 

Catch ya on the flip side!



  1. Here Comes the Rain Again - Dave Stewart & Daryl Hall 
  2. Kiss On My List - Rob Thomas & Daryl Hall 
  3. Private Eyes - Mayer Hawthorn, Booker T & Daryl Hall
  4. One on One - Mat Nathanson & Daryl Hall
  5. She's Gone - Rob Thomas & Daryl Hall
  6. Something to Talk About - KT Tunstall & Daryl Hall
  7. Past the Sleep - Company of Theives & Daryl Hall
  8. Ain't No Sunshine - Finger 11 & Daryl Hall
  9. Sara Smile/Ooh Ooh Baby - Smoky Robinson & Daryl Hall
  10. Adult Education - Neon Trees & Daryl Hall
 Bonus:  Family Man - Chromeo & Daryl Hall


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes