A wicked awesome video. Maybe. If it ever freaking loads. Sheesh. It's taking FOREVER.....

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I have been absent from the blogosphere lately. What? You didn't notice? Well, I have. I have been crazy busy-- and this week is the craziest busiest week of all. You would have thought that last week would have been a doozy-- what with all the cleaning (3 days of cleaning) the baking (2 days of baking) and hosting Thanksgiving at my home... but no. This week makes last week look like a sissy cake walk.

For the last 3 months I have been meeting with 107 elementary aged students in the wee hours of the morning--twice a week-- to practice for our Christmas Concert. It is a voluntary thing that I do, its a lot of work, and I love it. The kids recently told me that I should get a raise. I laughed and said "double of nothing is still nothing!"

I really do love it though. I love every stinking minute of it! These kids that come to choir are the cream of the school. They have to be-- they get up and are at the school by 7:20am twice a week.

This year we picked some challenging music for them to sing. By challenging I mean 3 part harmonies. Yes. 3 part harmonies! I was a little skeptical... but oh ye of little faith-- these kids stepped up to the plate and have nailed that 3 part harmony song! We have several 2 part harmony songs-- that are quite difficult-- and they nail them! Every single time!

I got a little emotional this morning-- our last practice before our first concert tomorrow-- because they have really out done themselves this year. We have had 2 less practices this year because of the way Thanksgiving fell, but you would never know it! (BTW, I really hate it when Thanksgiving is the last week of November... I need that last week to get ready for December!)

I video taped one of my favorite songs this morning... I was going to try and get 2 more-- but apparently my little point and shoot camera doesn't have as much memory as I needed to tape more than 1 song.

Disclaimer: I do NOT claim to make professional quality videos. The video is quite wobbly-- because I am still trying to lead the music as I hold the video camera... and I may have shouted once to get the kids to sing louder... So, just close your eyes and listen. They are pretty good for 3rd-6th grades...




  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes