Random Randomness and Then Some Tunes

Friday, October 01, 2010

When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have. - Edgar Watson Howe 

  I love Disco.

Pink. Sparkly. Puffy. Heart. Love it.



Imagine my sheer joy when someone shared this video on Facebook.  Seriously, I was Euphoric. I listened to it over and over and over again!

Moxie and I sat at the desk shakin' our bon-bon. Only the Granny in the video shakes it better than me... So I better get practicing!

I think I've found a new group to love-- Pomplamoose.They have taken a bunch of popular songs and remade them-- playing all the instruments themselves and harmonizing with themselves-- and seriously? Ohh. Laaa. Laaa.  I purple-sparkly-heart-LOVE them.

I wonder if they would marry me?

    Give them a listen!  Check out their fanpage (where you can listen some more!)  or follow them on twitter

*****
I sort of wish I was at the beach.

I need a break.

Would you think less of me if I mentioned that I wanted to take this break all solo like?

No kids. No family. Just me, my ipod and a book.

I guess that means I am a selfish-unworthy-to-call-myself-a-mother type of person.

*****
I have eaten Mexican food three times this past week and it has been simply divine.

Twice in one day.

At the same restaurant.

I may have asked the owner if I could swim in a sea of his salsa. And, I was totally serious.

I'm going there again tonight.

Holla!

*****
I don't want you to get the wrong idea about my kids. I love them and they are seriously wonderful.

However.

I totally understand why wild animals eat their young.

They get annoying. And ask for stuff. And throw fits. And make messes. And have major attitudes.

I told my friend recently that I wanted to eat my oldest child, make a new one that looked just like her but was genetically altered to NEVER have a smart mouth or bad attitude.

Lemmeno if you know how to do that.

(just kidding)

(not really)

(only slightly)

*****
This weekend is a huge, worldwide meeting with my entire church.  We all either watch the service on the Internet, go to the church to see it broadcast there or be lucky like me and be able to watch it on TV.

I really LOVE these world wide meetings.  It's a chance to hear from our Prophet, who is akin to the Pope (for my Catholic friends).  It's a wonderful chance to re-evaluate my life-- where I am spiritually and what I need to improve.

We listen to four Two Hour sessions-- two on Saturday and two on Sunday.

I have started live tweeting the conference and it is a fantastic experience. I actually get a TON out of it and I love it because it's an easier way for me to take notes and pay attention.

I have printed off activity books for my kids to do during conference.  On Saturday's I only make them listen when the Prophet speaks and then they have to listen to both on Sunday. The activity books are a great way to keep them entertained and interested.  Even the teenagers like them.

You can see places for activity books on MMB on this post and this post.

*****
I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I absolutely love the weather we have been having.  I love that it's warm during the day and nippy cold at night. I could live like this forever.

I am NOT ready for the snow and the cold. And, the slush and the mush.

Gag.

Not in the least.

*****

Have a marvelous weekend!

These are the first Random 10 songs that came up on Rhapsody today.  I hope you enjoy!

Catch ya on the flipside. 




1.  Breathe In Breathe Out - Mat Kearney
2.  Sweet Religion - Imongen Heap
3.  Don't Stop Believin'  - Journey
4.  Expiration Date - Pomplamoose
5.  24 - Red House Painters
6.  You Remind Me - Andy Shauf
7.  Better Days - Amos Lee
8.  Walk Forever By My Side - The Alarm
9.  And The Birds Sing - Tyrone Wells
10. Yellow (LIVE) - Coldplay

Bonus: Learn to live - Darius Rucker


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes