The Hunger Games

Saturday, January 07, 2012




When I read this book the first time, I sat down on my couch and literally did not move until I finished it. It was griping and absolutely fantastic. It is one of those books that you think about for days afterwards. Only me? I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after I finished it.

Collins did such a fantastic job building up the horror of the games. She gives you just enough information in the book and then lets your imagination fill in the gaps. She understands that your imagination can create something much more disturbing than what she can with words. She does it brilliantly. She handles this tough subject perfectly, and again, lets the readers imagination run amuck.

I find the book to be a fascinating comparison with today's society that is frankly shocking. I freaking loved this book and this series is one of my all time favorites -- coming in a very close second to Harry Potter. Although the last book in the series left me feeling highly unsatisfied.

I am so excited to see this movie... especially after seeing the trailer and then hearing one of the songs from the movie.


Taylor Swift has done an amazing job with this song-- Safe & Sound. Its haunting and depicts the horror of the games, and yet the innocence of the children perfectly!

The internet is all a-buzz with who they think the song is written for... Some say its Katniss singing to Primrose as she sacrifices herself as the Tribute; Others say its regarding Peeta & Katniss' realtionship during the games. My thoughts as I heard it the first time was that this song was for Katniss & Rue. It just fits. Those two girls had a beautiful friendship and the song is haunting...

I speculate that this song will be played when Katniss is holding Rue as she dies.What do you think?


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes