It's a small world after all!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Hombre hates it when I play the "do you know" game with people. Inevitably I can always find someone that we both know. Six degrees of seperation?!
I have this friend that I have known for over 13 years! Can you believe it? Not me. I've known her longer than any of my other friends! I've known her longer than we've both known our spouses!
I met her when I lived in Idaho-- Yes, I DID live in Idaho. I spent 11months of my 18 month mission in this little 1 horse town--Orofino to be exact! She was one of the first people I met when I got to this town, and we just sortof became friends. I'm not sure why, really. We were both living entirely different lives, but she was a good person, and she made me laugh. When I went home, we stayed in contact. We very rarely (and I do mean rarely--like this summer was the first time in 9years I had seen her) saw each other, but we talked on the phone all the time. I went through her rough times, and she went through mine. We had our babies at the same time. I have always known that no matter how big of a screw up I am, Idaho will always be there for me-- and not judge me.
Well, I found out that her Dad is getting remarried. Good for him! Her Mom died a year or so back. Her parents were always so kind to me. I like icecream, and they would always buy me icecream to eat. Anyway-- he met this lady on the internet. They started talking, then dating and now they are getting married. I say good for them! The internet is awesome that way. It brings people together who, after a certain age are really "untouchable" in the dating world. They would normally be made to be alone for the rest of their lives, but the internet connects them to people who they can live out their senior lives with. I'm happy for them.
Now, here is the part that shows how small of a world this is. I was talking with Anonymous Baby sister, and she was telling me that she had to go meet her husbands-aunts-new internet boyfriend. (did you follow that?) I laughed, just cause that sounded funny. I told her that I knew someone who met someone on line and they were getting married. I thought it was cool, cause both their spouses had died, and had died the same way. Babysis told me that was the same deal with her hubbys aunt. We started comparing stories and-- if I'm lying, I'm dying-- they are the same people!! I was so excited! I called my friend, Idaho (who by the way now lives in New Orleans or rather Texas right now... but thats another story!), and told her all about it, and she was laughing too. She really likes the new step mom, and is super excited for her dad!
See, it really is a small world after all!
I have this friend that I have known for over 13 years! Can you believe it? Not me. I've known her longer than any of my other friends! I've known her longer than we've both known our spouses!
I met her when I lived in Idaho-- Yes, I DID live in Idaho. I spent 11months of my 18 month mission in this little 1 horse town--Orofino to be exact! She was one of the first people I met when I got to this town, and we just sortof became friends. I'm not sure why, really. We were both living entirely different lives, but she was a good person, and she made me laugh. When I went home, we stayed in contact. We very rarely (and I do mean rarely--like this summer was the first time in 9years I had seen her) saw each other, but we talked on the phone all the time. I went through her rough times, and she went through mine. We had our babies at the same time. I have always known that no matter how big of a screw up I am, Idaho will always be there for me-- and not judge me.
Well, I found out that her Dad is getting remarried. Good for him! Her Mom died a year or so back. Her parents were always so kind to me. I like icecream, and they would always buy me icecream to eat. Anyway-- he met this lady on the internet. They started talking, then dating and now they are getting married. I say good for them! The internet is awesome that way. It brings people together who, after a certain age are really "untouchable" in the dating world. They would normally be made to be alone for the rest of their lives, but the internet connects them to people who they can live out their senior lives with. I'm happy for them.
Now, here is the part that shows how small of a world this is. I was talking with Anonymous Baby sister, and she was telling me that she had to go meet her husbands-aunts-new internet boyfriend. (did you follow that?) I laughed, just cause that sounded funny. I told her that I knew someone who met someone on line and they were getting married. I thought it was cool, cause both their spouses had died, and had died the same way. Babysis told me that was the same deal with her hubbys aunt. We started comparing stories and-- if I'm lying, I'm dying-- they are the same people!! I was so excited! I called my friend, Idaho (who by the way now lives in New Orleans or rather Texas right now... but thats another story!), and told her all about it, and she was laughing too. She really likes the new step mom, and is super excited for her dad!
See, it really is a small world after all!
