Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, February 26, 2010

Have you ever been a TV soap addict? Does the following phrase mean anything to you:

It does to me, and I was. An addict that is.
Once.
Like in 9th grade.
Sort of.

I mean, I would flip between The Walton's (don't judge) and DOOL and be able to pretty much figure out what was going on. I wanted to be cool-- so I watched it on the commercials of The Walton's.

Seriously. I was such a nerd.

I can't remember if it was Friday or Monday, but one of those days I would watch the whole show because I could get a recap of what had been happening. Then I would be able to talk to all the girls at school intelligently. About Soap Operas.

When in reality I was watching The Walton's.

I'm cool like that.

The other night, I couldn't sleep and flipped on the tube. Guess what I found? At 4am? Day's of Our Lives.

It was like watching a train wreck. I just couldn't help myself once I saw Bo and Hope. Fighting. Again.

Bo and Hope have been together, and then not together. Then back together, and then they break up again ... rinse and repeat for the last 20 years.

And there was Bobbie, only she wasn't Bobbie anymore she someones Aunt.

There was a couple of murder attempts, a coma and also some amnesia. Didn't they do that plot line in the 80's?

I did think it was weird that both Stefano and Viktor Kiriakas were in the same room together. Playing alternate God-fathers of rival small town crime families. Or something dumb like that.

A lot of the same actors are there-- they just play different characters now-- which is really quite confusing.

Remember the Roman-Marlena-John Black love triangle? They have that now only its Sammy and EJ and Raef (i think that was his name)

Or what about the fact that Jack Deveraux died and came back to life. Three times.

How about Bo's best friend Patch and his girlfriend, Kayla? Don't you think she looks like Linda Hamilton? No? It's only me?

DOOL went through a strange period too-- They had some aliens, an exorcist type possession and a Scarlett O'Hara plot line. Complete with poofy dresses.

And you know while I was watching it the other night, in exactly 45 minutes, I was able to pick up the entire plot and know what was going on.

Exactly nothing.

I did the same thing that I did in high school too, while I watched that show-- I rolled my eyes. A lot.

In fact, I rolled my eyes so hard I was actually worried they had gotten stuck back there in the back of my head.


I'll take Lost any day!

******
Speaking of Lost . . .

What the crap??

Seriously? Have you been watching?

What is UP?

What are your theories? I thought I had a pretty solid one... but now? Not so much.

Let's discuss.

How's that for a short random Friday? Pretty good, eh?

Have a great weekend! It's going to be nice and warm. I think I might actually work in the yard. Or at least pretend to.

Catch ya on the flip side!

1. You Will Be My Ain True Love (featuring Sting) - Alison Krauss
2. I Hope They Get To Me In Time - Darius Rucker
3. Lips Like Sugar - Echo & The Bunnymen
4. Friends, Lovers or Nothing - John Mayer
5. Save It For Later - The Beat
6. Baby I Want You - Amos Lee
7. Seven Years - Norah Jones
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - U2
9. She Is - The Fray
10. Carnt Sleep - Saint Etienne

Bonus: Jesus, Take The Wheel - Carrie Underwood


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes