Random randomness and then some Tunes

Friday, May 14, 2010

"Success is not the key to Happiness. Happiness is the key to Success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." - Herman Cain


Well. The time is almost here for "the event". I have been working non-stop for over the last seven months. We have crossed and dotted all the proverbial T's and I's.

My spare bedroom is bursting at the seams with swag and door prizes.

My cell phone bill is astronomical.

The name tags are being made and the media kits are being put together.

The sponsors have all be obtained and the bills have all been paid.

WE DID IT!

Doors have opened for me that otherwise would have remained closed.

It's here and I am so excited I can't wait! It's going to be absolutely amazing! The whole dang thing!

The GNO party is being sponsored by Basa Body and they are bringing gift bags for everyone! I LOVE their product and working with their Rep has been simply DREAMY!

The entire conference is being sponsored by 300dpi and let me tell you one simple thing: That website is totally COOL!

There are so many other exceptional sponsors that I can't even begin to list them all... you should just check out the sponsor page. Or better yet sign up for the CBC newsletter, because there are SWEET sweet deals being released. Right. As. We. Speak.

I have made some incredible friends because of this crazy venture and I am so glad that I allowed myself to be talked into this thing.

I have learned a TON about myself and even more about people in general.

Some good. Some not so much.

Once it's over, I plan to be in a coma for a month. Minimum.

*****
My best friend is coming into town for the conference, and I CAN'T WAIT! I haven't seen her in four years. Four VERY long years.

I talk to her on the phone pretty much every week... we text and chat on facebook all the time. How did long distance friendships last without the invention of technology? It seems like I just saw her yesterday because of all this awesome technology we have.

Our children text message and facebook each other daily. We are hoping they get married so that we can be in laws. Wouldn't that be so fun to have your best friend as your child's mother-in-law? I mean, taking care of those grand babies would be a BLAST! Just one big, giant baby smoochin' party!

{Thing 1 is now horrified that I put that out there. Let me reiterate that they are JUST FRIENDS!}

*****
We hired our yard work out.

They came last week, and our yard looked AWESOME.

They ditched us this week.

I'm afraid we found a dud and it, to quote my friend Dionna, "HONK'S ME OFF".

*****
I wrote an article for MMB this week. Did you see it? You should go read it. Not that I'm biased or anything, but I think it's pretty good.

*****
Thing 2 takes drum lessons.

You're jealous, aren't you? You should be. He has a favorite rhythm that he likes to bang out. You can hear it outside it's so loud. I don't really know how to tell, but it seems like he's pretty good.

He's learning how to play Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I actually don't mind the drums. Except when Moxie decides she's done sleeping and gets up at the crack of dawn and wanders into his room and starts banging away.

THEN I mind.

*****

I have a ba-jillion and a half things I need to get done now. I can't wait to see you at the CBC. If you weren't able to get a ticket, we still have some Mocktail party tickets available. We are having two concerts at the Mocktail and giving away some SWEET door prizes.

Think BIG. As in SEVERAL hundred dollars per item BIG. Come play with us if you want! It's going to be a BLAST!

Catch ya on the flip side!

1. Die Alone - Ingrid Michaelson
2. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
3. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths
4. Not Fair - Lily Allen
5. Sing A Song - Donavon Frankenreiter
6. Breathe Me - Sia
7. Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer
8. Lonely and Gone - Montgomery Gentry
9. Southern Girl - Amos Lee
10. Walk On The Water - Britt Nicole

Bonus: Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes