That's A Wrap!

Tuesday, June 01, 2010


It's finally over. That little thing I've been killing myself over for the last seven months. It's finally over and it totally exceeded my expectations.

It was awesome to watch everything unfold and see people meeting each other for the first time. I heard lots of squealing in delight and it warmed my heart.

When I plugged my camera into the computer to upload the photos from the event, I had a horrifying realization: I never even took my camera out of my camera bag.

I had forgotten my camera so after I picked Caroline up from the airport, I drug her ALL THE WAY BACK TO MY HOUSE so I could bring my camera.

Only to then leave it in the hotel room the entire time.

That means I can't show you a photo of me telling the venue lady that I wanted to make out with her because she saved us over $1,000.

Nor can I show you the photo of Fernando, the AV guy, when I told him to quit going to his office and just stick to me like glue. Actually what I said was: "You and me are going to be intimately acquainted by the end of this event, so quit going to your office. AND I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!"

I also can't show you a photo of me yelling at my uterus because the GPS located inside it failed me. Twice.

I can't show you photos of us when we were putting together the gift bags at 2:30 in the morning.

Nor can I show you a photo of us yelling at the alarm when it went off -- and we had only had 1.5 hours of sleep.
I can't show you a photo of me banging my head against the wall as the lights simultaneously went on and off and on and off during one entire presentation. I speed dialed Fernando faster than Lindsay Lohan drove Herbie all the while keeping my thumb firmly pressed to the ON switch.

What I can show you is this:


This is me being a total 15 year old girl. I flippen LOVE Cameron and was a giggling mess when I saw him walk in. I had invited Jefe and the kids to come to the concert with me, but they decided they wanted to stay home. I felt slightly guilty for being glad because then I could scream and be completely silly (and swoon) during the concert.

I listen to Cameron ALL. THE. TIME. And when I was able to get my photo taken with him I about melted.

Seriously.

I could be his groupie. If he thought having a married, 39 year old mother of 4 for a groupie was hot. Which it's not.
He gave an absolutely crazy good concert and there may have been
women dancing like crazy and they may have embarrassed him.
There may have also been a line an HOUR long to get your photo taken with him after wards.
And, he may have been a little speechless and the band was mystified as to
all the crazy blogger MOMS freaking out over Cameron Rafati

The speakers were outstanding and incredibly prepared.

Every single class rocked the house.
I heard through the grapevine nothing but positive things about every single panel/class!

I could also show you when I totally messed up Cjanes introduction.
I may or may not have had an accidental slip of the tongue-- which illicited spontaneous laughter from everyone and I was horrified. And thoroughly embarrassed.

I could go on and on for days on end about all the amazing things I saw, heard and participated in but the bottom line was summed up by another participant's post conference post:

"A reporter from a newspaper here in Utah asked me if it was worth the trip, to travel all the way from NC for the conference. I answered without hesitation that it was. I'm not sure anybody but a blogger can understand why it's worth it. But these women? They get me. They validate my efforts, they support, they uplift. They make me feel valuable."

That's why you go to blogging conferences. Yeah, it's great to learn how to make money or take great photos or even write the next American Novel. But the truth is you go so that you can turn those imaginary people who live inside your computer into real life friends that are a part of your life.

I'm glad I did it. I'm glad it didn't fail and I'm glad you all came.

Thank you.

*A Gigantic THANK YOU to Shelle from Shelle Bloks Thoughts for being our conference photographer. She did an outstanding job and if you want to see all the crazy wonderful photos she took, go check out them out HERE. *


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes