Random randomness and then some Tunes
Friday, June 04, 2010
“If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting” - Jack Handy
The past two weeks have been surreal for me.
I met Caroline for the first time. It was like we had always known what each other looked all up close and personal like, but we didn't.
I actually had to call her on the phone, when I went to the airport to pick her up because I drove around twice before I realized "Maybe I don't really know what she looks like". She talked me to her like a lost little puppy dog coaxed back home. We looked at each other, gave each other a quick hug and then it was back to business as usual.
I also got to see my best friend for the first time in four years. Four very long years. She is the yin to my yang and helps me see the humorous things in life. Like when we HAD to go bra shopping and the only time I had to do it was at 3am. She cracks me up and keeps me grounded.
Then there was that little conference thingamabob last weekend. I am thrilled with how well it went, and that it's over. Not that I didn't like dreaming about the conference and the various names I had seen come through registration.
I have finally stopped having conference dreams and my psyche thanks you.
*****
School ends for the kids today.
I feel a little conflicted because while I am excited that we have absolutely NOTHING to do all summer long but veg, WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO ALL SUMMER LONG.
I am a creature of habit. I do the same thing everything every day and having my kids home means that my schedule and order gets tossed out the window because they're around. I vow every single year that I am going to make a schedule that we all stick to-- that doesn't include sleeping until 10am and staying in our PJ's until 4:30.
Let's hope this year I actually make it stick longer than three days.
*****
Jefe wrecked his motorcycle on Memorial Day. I am trying to bury this into the middle of the post because he hates it when I write about him. He is the kind of man that likes to be behind the scenes and not draw attention to himself. Which truthfully, sucks for him because I'm all about getting people to notice me. I am sort of a loud mouth-- so we balance each other out nicely.
Anyway, he wrecked his bike pretty good and scared the living day-lights out of me. There are certain kinds of phone calls a Wife should never have to answer.
Like the "Hello, this is the police department your husband is in jail" kind of call; Or the "Hey honey, I just took a vacation to the Bahama's --without you" and the "Hello, this is the Paramedics and we have your husband and we're on our way to the hospital."
That last one is definitely one you don't ever want to get.
It jerked me back into reality faster than a stealth plane could fly and I realized that while the conference was fabulous and all that-- I almost lost what was most important of all-- My Husband.
Dude.
You can totally fix a crushed hand, but you can't fix dead.
I'll take the hand any day.
*****
I have been in mourning yesterday and today because I was supposed to be at the U2 concert. But,stupid lovely Bono had to go and get back surgery and Jefe was in surgery all day yesterday too. I guess it was a good thing Bono's back was jacked up because I wouldn't have been able to go and that would have pissed me off more.
I will patiently wait for the reschedule date.
NEXT YEAR.
Humph.
*****
Moxie has taken to the word NEED. She needs stuff and lots of stuff, too.
1. Breakdown - Jack Johnson
2. Street Corner Preacher - Amos Lee
3. When It's Over - Sugar Ray
4. Tripping Billies - Dave Matthews Band
5. Wake Me Up - Norah Jones
6. Thank You - Dido
7. Be That Easy - Sade
9. Dirty Conversation - Cameron Rafati
10. Our Love - Donavon Frankenreiter
Bonus: No Stopping Us (Live) - Jason Mraz
The past two weeks have been surreal for me.
I met Caroline for the first time. It was like we had always known what each other looked all up close and personal like, but we didn't.
I actually had to call her on the phone, when I went to the airport to pick her up because I drove around twice before I realized "Maybe I don't really know what she looks like". She talked me to her like a lost little puppy dog coaxed back home. We looked at each other, gave each other a quick hug and then it was back to business as usual.
I also got to see my best friend for the first time in four years. Four very long years. She is the yin to my yang and helps me see the humorous things in life. Like when we HAD to go bra shopping and the only time I had to do it was at 3am. She cracks me up and keeps me grounded.
Then there was that little conference thingamabob last weekend. I am thrilled with how well it went, and that it's over. Not that I didn't like dreaming about the conference and the various names I had seen come through registration.
I have finally stopped having conference dreams and my psyche thanks you.
*****
School ends for the kids today.
I feel a little conflicted because while I am excited that we have absolutely NOTHING to do all summer long but veg, WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO ALL SUMMER LONG.
I am a creature of habit. I do the same thing everything every day and having my kids home means that my schedule and order gets tossed out the window because they're around. I vow every single year that I am going to make a schedule that we all stick to-- that doesn't include sleeping until 10am and staying in our PJ's until 4:30.
Let's hope this year I actually make it stick longer than three days.
*****
Jefe wrecked his motorcycle on Memorial Day. I am trying to bury this into the middle of the post because he hates it when I write about him. He is the kind of man that likes to be behind the scenes and not draw attention to himself. Which truthfully, sucks for him because I'm all about getting people to notice me. I am sort of a loud mouth-- so we balance each other out nicely.
Anyway, he wrecked his bike pretty good and scared the living day-lights out of me. There are certain kinds of phone calls a Wife should never have to answer.
Like the "Hello, this is the police department your husband is in jail" kind of call; Or the "Hey honey, I just took a vacation to the Bahama's --without you" and the "Hello, this is the Paramedics and we have your husband and we're on our way to the hospital."
That last one is definitely one you don't ever want to get.
It jerked me back into reality faster than a stealth plane could fly and I realized that while the conference was fabulous and all that-- I almost lost what was most important of all-- My Husband.
Dude.
You can totally fix a crushed hand, but you can't fix dead.
I'll take the hand any day.
*****
I have been in mourning yesterday and today because I was supposed to be at the U2 concert. But,
I will patiently wait for the reschedule date.
NEXT YEAR.
Humph.
*****
She needs more money, Mama. (me too, baby)
She needs more candy, Mama. (me too, baby)
She needs soda, Mama. (holy cow! ME TOO!)
She needs the boppy, Mama.
That last one is a little tricky because she likes to carry around about seven boppy's at once (read: pacifiers). If she doesn't have seven, then she NEEDS A BOPPY!
STAT!
Which is also difficult because I have thrown the boppy's away. I tried telling her that the boppy fairy came and took the boppy's for all the other babies.
She wasn't buying that load of crap.
I told her she couldn't have the boppy anymore because she was a big girl, and not a baby. She scowled at me and said "Not the big girl, I the baby!"
Poor baby.
So I resulted in terrifying the child.
I told her the boppy MONSTER came and stole the boppys and if we buy any more, it will just keep coming back. Especially if she cries because that's what monsters like.
Mother of the year? Yeah. I think not.
Here's my first ten dollars for her Therapy Fund when she's a teen.
*****
Have a great weekend, friends. We're VEGGING because it's summer vacation. Little do my children know that it doesn't mean they are on vacation from their chores. Which is actually what they would tell me last summer. "We're on summer vacation and that means no chores."
Yeah. I wish. Don't you?
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Breakdown - Jack Johnson
2. Street Corner Preacher - Amos Lee
3. When It's Over - Sugar Ray
4. Tripping Billies - Dave Matthews Band
5. Wake Me Up - Norah Jones
6. Thank You - Dido
7. Be That Easy - Sade
9. Dirty Conversation - Cameron Rafati
10. Our Love - Donavon Frankenreiter
Bonus: No Stopping Us (Live) - Jason Mraz


