Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, June 11, 2010
Living in a Vacuum Sucks. - Adrienne E. Gusoff
My strong desire to maintain some sort of schedule lasted two days. TWO WHOLE DAYS. Then the kids were sleeping in until eleven and we were eating cake for breakfast.
I justify the cake because there are eggs, milk and flour in that cake. So, it's healthy and stuff. More healthy than a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Last night we all stayed up watching stupid TV. At 10pm when I told the kids it was time to go to bed they all, including Moxie, declined. Strongly. "It's summer vacation, Mom. It's not like we have anywhere we have to be in the morning." Which is sad but true.
Let the lazy days of summer begin.
*****
I'm sort of loving this chilly weather. I could really get into a rainstorm a day. I remember that we would have a storm a day in Illinois-- but it was just because of the humidity. And, those rainstorms were sticky.
A nice warm meal , a good book and rain storm. That has the makings of a good summer.
*****
The hospital bills from Jefe's accident are starting to roll in. HOLY COW! I am so glad that I have such good insurance and further, I can totally see how people could loose everything they own because of medical problems.
People.
Unreal and completely 100% outrageously, absurdly, out-of-this-world expensive.
*****
I went to Old Navy this week to get Thing 2 some clothes and the craziest thing happened.
I was recognized because of my blog (and the blog conference).
I would be lying if I said it didn't thrill me. Because it did.
Here's to you, Nicole, and I hope you had a good surgery yesterday!
*****
It's time for a little linky love:
Go visit my friend, Gayle, who has a son that is very ill. She is a gifted writer and tells a poignant story. She could use some love, prayers and comment love.
Jennifer is a fantastic writer! I found her blog recently and spent the morning reading the entire blog. Make sure you bring a diet coke with you when you visit her, you'll be there for a while.
I met Charlotte at the CBC and she is fantastic! Her parents were in a serious motorcycle accident--the same day that Jefe was in his accident. I saw her tweets about her parents while I was in the hospital with Jefe and I felt an immediate connection to her. Go read her blog-- she's fabulous!
*****
That's all folks. I'm hunkering down today. I got two new books for my birthday that I am planning on devouring. I've got a bunch of stuff gathered up to do a little birthday giveaway too. I'll be putting that up later so watch out for it. It may or may not have a Cameron Rafati CD, a necklace and chocolate. You'll want to enter FOR SURE!
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Speck Out of the Blue - Cameron Rafati
2. Valley of the Low Sun - Jakob Dylan
3. Coconut Skins - Damien Rice
4. Move By Yourself - Donavon Frankenreiter
5. Wedding Dress - Matt Nathanson
6. Somebody to Love - Glee Cast
7. Free of Me - Joshua Radin
8. If You Could See - Vaughn Penn
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
10. Morning Light - Chantal Kreviazuk
Bonus: Just Like Heaven - The Watson Twins
My strong desire to maintain some sort of schedule lasted two days. TWO WHOLE DAYS. Then the kids were sleeping in until eleven and we were eating cake for breakfast.
I justify the cake because there are eggs, milk and flour in that cake. So, it's healthy and stuff. More healthy than a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Last night we all stayed up watching stupid TV. At 10pm when I told the kids it was time to go to bed they all, including Moxie, declined. Strongly. "It's summer vacation, Mom. It's not like we have anywhere we have to be in the morning." Which is sad but true.
Let the lazy days of summer begin.
*****
I'm sort of loving this chilly weather. I could really get into a rainstorm a day. I remember that we would have a storm a day in Illinois-- but it was just because of the humidity. And, those rainstorms were sticky.
A nice warm meal , a good book and rain storm. That has the makings of a good summer.
*****
The hospital bills from Jefe's accident are starting to roll in. HOLY COW! I am so glad that I have such good insurance and further, I can totally see how people could loose everything they own because of medical problems.
People.
Unreal and completely 100% outrageously, absurdly, out-of-this-world expensive.
*****
I went to Old Navy this week to get Thing 2 some clothes and the craziest thing happened.
I was recognized because of my blog (and the blog conference).
I would be lying if I said it didn't thrill me. Because it did.
Here's to you, Nicole, and I hope you had a good surgery yesterday!
*****
It's time for a little linky love:
Go visit my friend, Gayle, who has a son that is very ill. She is a gifted writer and tells a poignant story. She could use some love, prayers and comment love.
Jennifer is a fantastic writer! I found her blog recently and spent the morning reading the entire blog. Make sure you bring a diet coke with you when you visit her, you'll be there for a while.
I met Charlotte at the CBC and she is fantastic! Her parents were in a serious motorcycle accident--the same day that Jefe was in his accident. I saw her tweets about her parents while I was in the hospital with Jefe and I felt an immediate connection to her. Go read her blog-- she's fabulous!
*****
That's all folks. I'm hunkering down today. I got two new books for my birthday that I am planning on devouring. I've got a bunch of stuff gathered up to do a little birthday giveaway too. I'll be putting that up later so watch out for it. It may or may not have a Cameron Rafati CD, a necklace and chocolate. You'll want to enter FOR SURE!
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Speck Out of the Blue - Cameron Rafati
2. Valley of the Low Sun - Jakob Dylan
3. Coconut Skins - Damien Rice
4. Move By Yourself - Donavon Frankenreiter
5. Wedding Dress - Matt Nathanson
6. Somebody to Love - Glee Cast
7. Free of Me - Joshua Radin
8. If You Could See - Vaughn Penn
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
10. Morning Light - Chantal Kreviazuk
Bonus: Just Like Heaven - The Watson Twins

