Coincidence? I think not!

Friday, November 18, 2005




Today, I arranged to do my monthly visits for my church. I had been called earlier in the month, and told that they had changed my route--which, frankly, I was glad. (remember the disaster with Thing 3??) I got a new companion, and 2 new ladies to visit. My new companion is a 75+ lady, and the gals I visit are in their late 40's and 50's. I was a little nervous to go with an older lady, but thought that it would be alright, since the President told me that she didn't like to do anything. That left me free to do what I wanted. I made the appointments, made them some treats and worked up a lesson.

At the scheduled time, I went to get my companion. She is soo cute. She was all dressed to the nines, and was waiting patiently for me. She quickly ushered me into the house, and showed me her "wing" of the house. Now, this house is interesting. It has 4 families living in it. In the basement, are the owners of the house, who BTW are in their mid 60's. They live on one side of the basement. On the other side is their youngest daughter and her new husband. On one side of the upstairs, is my cute companion. And on the other side is the other Grandma & Grandpa. They are in wheel-chairs. It would make for a big Sunday dinner. All of the children live in this town, and they all come home home for Sunday dinner. WOW!

Any-hoo, she showed me all her quilts, and pictures of her Grandkids--one of them being a guy I went to highschool with. We were in a ton of plays together. Then she was telling me that one of her old companions was our stake presidents mom. Now, my stake president is my Uncle. I couldn't believe it. I thought: "Surely Not!" And I said, "You mean Anonymous Grandma?" She looked at me and said "Why yes!" I was surprised with my reaction. I burst into tears. It just came out of nowhere... I was soo overcome with emotion. Here I was going VT with a woman who had done the same thing with my Grandma. A coincidence? I think not! She told me how sad she had been here since being shipped here from Oregon. She had hardly been to church, and was feeling very useless. It would be just like my Grandma to help get us put together! I needed her, and she needed me. It was an amazing experience!

I had been mumbling to Hombre that I wondered if we had done the right thing by moving here. It seemed like everything was falling apart in the house, and it was just plain hard. I figured that it shouldn't be hard if it was the right thing. But, after today, I know that I am right where the Lord wants me to be. It is no coincidence that my back neighbor is family. It is no coincidence that my new companion is my Grandma's old companion. It is no coincidence that my stake president is my uncle. It is no coincidence that Hombre is FREAKING happy every day when he comes home from work... I am right where the Lord wants me to be. I feel at peace with the move--FINALLY.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes