Gobble! Gobble!

Thursday, November 24, 2005


" Turkey lurkey doo, turkey lurkey dap, I eat turkey and then I take a nap! Gobble Gobble Goo, and Gobble Gobble gickel, I wish turkey only cost a nickel! Oh I love turkey on Thanskgiving!"
Thanks Adam Sandler!


I love turkey! Today was the big day! I got up bright and early--6am to get the ole bird a cooking. Then I started in with all the other things that I wanted to cook. First things first-- Wassil to make the house smell all festive like. Then it was a run to Krispy Kremes to get the necessary fuel... It was fun getting all ready. I cooked and cooked, and Hombre and all the Things cleaned the house. They did a fantastic job! Hombre even cleaned out the filthy garage! (Thanks man!)

We had food coming out our eyeballs, I think. There was, of course turkey, potatoes and gravy, yams, stuffing, veggie/relish tray (with the spinach dip! Thanks Anonymous baby sister), homemade rolls, spinach-artichoke dip, bacon wrapped chestnuts, homemade cranberries, a cheese-ball, chocolate cake and pumpkin pie. WHEW! There was a ton of food.

But here's the thing... why is that when something is going to go wrong, it has to happen at the most inconvient time?? Right in the middle of getting everything on the table, with 6 butts in the kitchen giving everything the final "midas touch", the faucet to the sink just breaks right off. Yup! Right off, no questions asked, just pops right off. Water running and all! WTH?? I would have preferred this to happen YESTERDAY!!! Or, maybe tomorrow, or Monday... but NOOO!!! It has to pop off right in the prime usage time of Thanksgiving day dinner preparations.... with the maximum exposure of embarrassment. Sheesh! Everyone was nice, and we just rolled with the punches... but for crying out loud...

All that aside, it was very fun to have the whole family here, and to eat with them. I think that Anonymous Mom actually enjoyed herself. It was probably nice for her to sit back and relax. I heard it through the grapevine that she was going through withdrawls of not doing it all herself. I think thats funny! I was soo frazzled by the whole faucet thing, that I didn't have everyone go around and list what they are thankful for. So, I decided to do that here. I have lots to be thankful for!

Hombre, the Things, crazy boxer dog, Anonymous sisters & spouses, Anonymous neices and nephews, Anonymous parents and in-laws. Anonymous friends, my house (even tho it seems to be falling apart), Hombres' job, my freedom, mine & my families health, that I can read, that there are books. Where we live, where have lived, My church.... I could go on and on. But the reality is this: I have a lot to be grateful for. I have everything that I have ever wanted, and I have accomplished a large majority of my goals. I have lived in a lot of the places that I have always dreamed of living, and I have visited a lot of the places that I dream of seeing. What more could a person ask for than that? I truely am a blessed person!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes