Wednesday, February 21, 2007
I have a question. Its an easy question.
Why do little boys insist on wearing dirty clothes?
Thing 2 was getting ready for school today, and he came bouncing downstairs, all happy. Wearing the same clothes he had on yesterday. I told him he really needed to go and change, and put on clean clothes. He moaned and groaned and stomped back upstairs to change his clothes. He came down again, and had on the most filthy shirt I think he could find. Ewww! I said. "You can't wear that! It is filthy and has food and dirt all over it! You need to find clean clothes to put on!" He started hollering "Moooommmm! I don't care! No one cares Mom!" Uhh.
I care.
And further, You SHOULD care.
Change your clothes.
He came stomping back downstairs in a clean shirt and filthy pants.
Oh. My. Word.
What the flip is going on here?
He just rolled his eyes and goes "Mom. Its just dirt from playing soccer. Its not that big of deal."
Well.
Call me crazy, call me weird call me whatever. But there is one thing that I must insist on and that is my children leaving my house in clean clothes. I just don't understand it. He takes his filthy clothes, folds them nicely and puts them back in his dresser. Why? They are stinky, dirty gross. We had to go through his drawers this morning, and pretty much everything in there was dirty.

Sheesh. Guess I'm spending the day doing laundry.
But, why do little boys want to wear dirty clothes?
Why?
Last year Jefe was sitting by Thing 2 on the couch, and he goes "Dude. You really smell. You need to take a shower!" Thing 2 goes, I did. I just put my favorite shirt back on. Jefe made him take it off, and then he and I sniffed the shirt.
Oh.
My.
Word!
That shirt made me start to dry heave!! I looked at him all confused, and he said :" Well. Its my favorite shirt. I have been wearing all the time for like, a long time."
No kidding.
It smells like it!
Now, on a daily basis we have to look at what shirts he has on under his sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts... just to be sure we aren't having a repeat of last years stink mess.
I mean, lets get real. When a kid stinks. Who do people blame? The mom!
Now, peoples.
I am here to let you know, we Mothers of the stinky boys must unite! It, as I am coming to find out, is not entirely our fault.
We insist that they bathe.
We insist that they wear clean clothes.
They just don't.
I don't understand this, and probably never will.
But, I must tell you this-- you would've thought I was asking him to cut his arms off and beat himself with them when I told him under no certain terms was he leaving my house wearing those dirty, filthy clothes.
For heaven sakes people. Whats the big deal with clean clothes?
I just don't get it!
On another note...

Life is good when you're 3!
Why do little boys insist on wearing dirty clothes?
Thing 2 was getting ready for school today, and he came bouncing downstairs, all happy. Wearing the same clothes he had on yesterday. I told him he really needed to go and change, and put on clean clothes. He moaned and groaned and stomped back upstairs to change his clothes. He came down again, and had on the most filthy shirt I think he could find. Ewww! I said. "You can't wear that! It is filthy and has food and dirt all over it! You need to find clean clothes to put on!" He started hollering "Moooommmm! I don't care! No one cares Mom!" Uhh.
I care.
And further, You SHOULD care.
Change your clothes.
He came stomping back downstairs in a clean shirt and filthy pants.
Oh. My. Word.
What the flip is going on here?
He just rolled his eyes and goes "Mom. Its just dirt from playing soccer. Its not that big of deal."
Well.
Call me crazy, call me weird call me whatever. But there is one thing that I must insist on and that is my children leaving my house in clean clothes. I just don't understand it. He takes his filthy clothes, folds them nicely and puts them back in his dresser. Why? They are stinky, dirty gross. We had to go through his drawers this morning, and pretty much everything in there was dirty.
Sheesh. Guess I'm spending the day doing laundry.
But, why do little boys want to wear dirty clothes?
Why?
Last year Jefe was sitting by Thing 2 on the couch, and he goes "Dude. You really smell. You need to take a shower!" Thing 2 goes, I did. I just put my favorite shirt back on. Jefe made him take it off, and then he and I sniffed the shirt.
Oh.
My.
Word!
That shirt made me start to dry heave!! I looked at him all confused, and he said :" Well. Its my favorite shirt. I have been wearing all the time for like, a long time."
No kidding.
It smells like it!
Now, on a daily basis we have to look at what shirts he has on under his sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts... just to be sure we aren't having a repeat of last years stink mess.
I mean, lets get real. When a kid stinks. Who do people blame? The mom!
Now, peoples.
I am here to let you know, we Mothers of the stinky boys must unite! It, as I am coming to find out, is not entirely our fault.
We insist that they bathe.
We insist that they wear clean clothes.
They just don't.
I don't understand this, and probably never will.
But, I must tell you this-- you would've thought I was asking him to cut his arms off and beat himself with them when I told him under no certain terms was he leaving my house wearing those dirty, filthy clothes.
For heaven sakes people. Whats the big deal with clean clothes?
I just don't get it!
On another note...
Life is good when you're 3!
