Thursday, February 15, 2007
The things went to school yesterday, so I figured we were on the mend.
I figured wrong. Jefe called me at work last night to stop at the pharmacy on my way home to get medicine for Thing 2... He had an earache. He was up all night, basically, with the earache, which means that I was up all night with him. Jefe was up most of the night, hacking away. It was a regular old sick fest. I felt so sorry for Thing 2 cause he was in some major pain. We gave him the over the counter ear numbing drops, Tylenol and then a hot shower. After that, he started coughing so hard, I gave him some cough syrup too. He was probably higher than a kite! Then I set him up on the couch all propped up with the hot pad on his ear... and he promptly went to sleep. At 4:30 in the morning!
I was able to get him into the Dr. today, and he has a double ear infection, with his right ear drum ready to pop. OUCH! AND the beginnings of Bronchitis. Oh fun. Thing 3 has Bronchitis too... and I wouldn't be surprised if Jefe did too. Fortunately Jefe got antibiotics on Monday. I am not so sure that they are working, but it will keep all the other yucky sicknesses at bay. Thing1 is feeling much better. She actually stayed home today, but I think it was probably good for her, just so that we can get her completely cleared up.
Anyway. Now we have the plague identified. The Lysol is being sprayed in heavy amounts. The anti-bacterial hand sanitizer is flowing like old faithful and the coughing is slowly being subdued. The Things all have their various medicines in them, and Jefe is slipping off to never never land with his codeine laced cough syrup. We have rented a slew of videos... so I have that to entertain us. When we run out of that, there is always The Sopranos! Yeah!
I figured wrong. Jefe called me at work last night to stop at the pharmacy on my way home to get medicine for Thing 2... He had an earache. He was up all night, basically, with the earache, which means that I was up all night with him. Jefe was up most of the night, hacking away. It was a regular old sick fest. I felt so sorry for Thing 2 cause he was in some major pain. We gave him the over the counter ear numbing drops, Tylenol and then a hot shower. After that, he started coughing so hard, I gave him some cough syrup too. He was probably higher than a kite! Then I set him up on the couch all propped up with the hot pad on his ear... and he promptly went to sleep. At 4:30 in the morning!
I was able to get him into the Dr. today, and he has a double ear infection, with his right ear drum ready to pop. OUCH! AND the beginnings of Bronchitis. Oh fun. Thing 3 has Bronchitis too... and I wouldn't be surprised if Jefe did too. Fortunately Jefe got antibiotics on Monday. I am not so sure that they are working, but it will keep all the other yucky sicknesses at bay. Thing1 is feeling much better. She actually stayed home today, but I think it was probably good for her, just so that we can get her completely cleared up.
Anyway. Now we have the plague identified. The Lysol is being sprayed in heavy amounts. The anti-bacterial hand sanitizer is flowing like old faithful and the coughing is slowly being subdued. The Things all have their various medicines in them, and Jefe is slipping off to never never land with his codeine laced cough syrup. We have rented a slew of videos... so I have that to entertain us. When we run out of that, there is always The Sopranos! Yeah!
