Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, July 31, 2009

"I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation." - George Bernard Shaw

Thing 1 has been off at EFY this entire week. When I dropped her off on Monday in Provo, I felt the tiniest stirrings of jealousy. I would have loved to have done something like that when I was a teen, and further would love to do something like that as an adult.

Oh wait. I do. It's call Women's Conference. Never mind.

I have not heard one thing from her this entire week. No texts. No phone calls. Nothing. I am assuming that is because she is having the time of her life and her family is in the furthest reaches of her mind. As it should be. I am excited to see her tomorrow and hear all about her adventures.

My friend was telling me how she had sent her child off to a Lutheran Youth camp, and you can get live feed of the services. EFY is sort of like that, minus the live feed, I told her. Although, I would give my eye teeth to have a live feed to see what they were experiencing. I am sure it is incredible! Dances, service projects, concerts, games, pizza, classes, boys, testimony sharing/building... I would pay every single penny again. I know it will be worth the investment!

My sister was a counselor, and she told me that the counselors take their job incredibly serious. They pray for each teen they are over, specifically, by name. I have been praying too, and I know God will touch her in the way she needs to be.

*****
Thing 2 & Thing 3 have had 2 sleep-overs with cousins this past week, and I have to say that I remember why I was such a great, organized, clean Mommy when I only had 1 or 2 children. There were fewer people to take care of, and fewer people to clean up after. My house has stayed relatively clean this week, and that's because there has only been Moxie and I around during the day to mess it up.

I have been able to stay on top of the laundry, the dishes and the bed making. I don't feel myself irritated because every single room has enormous amounts of crap littering every doorway. Which leads me nicely into my next random thought: I will be glad when school starts simply because I will be able to stay on top of stuff easier when we are back to a normal schedule.

*****
I think I may have over extended myself this next school year. I am on the PTA board for both the Elementary school and the Junior High School. I am the moron person in charge of all the media/pr/newsletters for the Elementary school, and I'm also the choir teacher--unpaid I might add.

At the Junior High, I was tricked coerced asked to chair the committee that runs the career day for the entire school. THE ENTIRE SCHOOL. Which means assemblies, and finding 45 people to come and speak about their professions, and all the coordinating. Oh the coordinating. It's the ENTIRE school, people.

Oy vay!

Someone told me a while back that I needed to get more involved. Because clearly, I had too much time on my hands if was able to run a house, AND blog. I should get "more involved with my church and the community".

Whatever.

When they turned around, I flipped them off.

Do you think that was rude?

*****
Moxie has no hair. Well, she has hair, but not enough to fix. Only, she wants her hair fixed. She brings me barrette after barrette to put in her hair. But, it falls out as soon as I take my hand off it. Not being able to wear her barrette really frustrates her.

This has been our morning:

Moxie: {pound pound pounding on my arm} Mama! {then hands me the barrette}

Me: You want your hair fixed? (she nods her head) OK.

Moxie: Mama! {pound pound pounding on my arm, handing me another barrette}

Me: You want your hair fixed again? (she nods head) OK. It's going to fall out. (shakes her head no.)

Moxie: MAMA! {POUNDING on my arm, throws the barrette at me}

Sigh.

Rinse and repeat, all day long. Oh the woes of being bald-ish.

*****

Now she is sitting behind me at my computer desk, singing to her baby doll. What a wonderful way to blog!

*****
It's my 20 year high school reunion coming up in the next month. I have vacillated back and forth as to whether or not I wanted to attend. I will admit, that I am curious to see everyone. But, with the advent of Facebook, I have been able to see who I want to see, talk with those I have wanted to talk with and reconnect. I honestly see no reason to attend the event.

I talked to one of my friends that graduated a year before me, and she told me that while she did attend her 20 year, she wished she hadn't. She told me it was the same as it had always been. People claim to change, but they fall back into their old roles with ease.

I just don't think I want to travel down that road.

I know there are a few people who read my blog that I went to high school with, and I mean no offense. I hope none is taken.

Don't get me wrong, I loved high school. For the most part. But, I am different than who I was, and I like who I am. However, I think people have a hard time seeing the new person. All they see is "who you used to be". Does any of this even make sense?

Would you/did you attend your 20 year reunion?
Discuss this with me!
*****
Have a great weekend! Make sure to comment on the MckLinky, if you post your randomness with tunes! I wanna make fun of see what you listen to!

Catch ya on the Flip side!

1. Stay (Wasting Time- Live) - Dave Matthews Band
2. Realize - Colbie Caillat
3. Arms of A Woman - Amos Lee
4. Hide & Seek - Imogen Heap
5. Flying Horses (Live) - Dispatch
6. That Feel - Tom Waits
7. Rewrite - Sia
8. The Real Thing - Phil Lesh & Friends
9. Vienna (live) - The Fray
10. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson

Bonus: First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes