Actual Conversation
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Me: Well good morning Sunshine!
Thing 1: Mom. (extremely grumpy) There is a marching band in our back yard.
Me: (laughing) No there's not. You were dreaming.
Thing1: Yes there is Mom. I can hear it. It's really loud and they woke me up.
Me: (laughing because now she's pouting and scowling!) Really? You really think there is a marching band in our backyard? What are they doing? Practicing?
Thing1: I dunno. But they are banging on drums and blowing tubas. It's freaking annoying and I want to sleep.
Me: There is not a marching band in our backyard.
Thing 3: (running into the room) Mom! There's a marching band in our backyard!
Me: Oh for Google's sake (I totally borrowed that from Pensievity)! There is not a marching band in our backyard. You guys are hearing things.
Thing3: Nut-uh, Mom. There totally is! (cocking her head to one side) Hear it?
Me: (looking out the back window) Well I'll be damed! There is a marching band in our backyard.



Thing 1: Mom. (extremely grumpy) There is a marching band in our back yard.
Me: (laughing) No there's not. You were dreaming.
Thing1: Yes there is Mom. I can hear it. It's really loud and they woke me up.
Me: (laughing because now she's pouting and scowling!) Really? You really think there is a marching band in our backyard? What are they doing? Practicing?
Thing1: I dunno. But they are banging on drums and blowing tubas. It's freaking annoying and I want to sleep.
Me: There is not a marching band in our backyard.
Thing 3: (running into the room) Mom! There's a marching band in our backyard!
Me: Oh for Google's sake (I totally borrowed that from Pensievity)! There is not a marching band in our backyard. You guys are hearing things.
Thing3: Nut-uh, Mom. There totally is! (cocking her head to one side) Hear it?
Me: (looking out the back window) Well I'll be damed! There is a marching band in our backyard.
