Actual Conversation

Friday, April 09, 2010

Thing 1: Mom? Do you have any clothes still from when you were my age?

Me: Umm. No. Why?

Thing 1: Because I was hoping you did.

Me: Why on earth would you hope I still had my clothes from when I was a teenager?

Thing 1: Because vintage clothes are IN. My friends are wearing some of their Mom's clothes from when they were teenagers. Their clothes are so totally cool, Mom!

Me: Why on earth would their Mothers still have clothes from when they were teenagers?

Thing 1: I dunno. But vintage is totally hip Mom. Do you have anything at all? Like even old sunglasses or earrings?

Me: Wait. Vintage? What do you mean vintage?

Thing 1: You know. Vintage. OLD. The 80's. *

Me: The 80's are vintage?

Thing 1: Yeah.

Me: I am NOT vintage.

*check out that link up there. Talk about memory lane! I can't believe these kids actually want to wear that stuff. (I bet that's what our parents were thinking!)


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes