Actual Conversation

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Student: I haven't been to choir lately.

Me: Yeah. I noticed. How long has it been?

Student: Oh about six weeks. But I'm here now, ready to sing in the assembly.

Me: {baffled look on my face}

Student: Really Mrs. Motherboard. I'm totally ready. I can do this.

Me: You don't know the music. How can you perform in front of the entire school when you don't know the music?

Student: I know the music.

Me: You haven't been here. How can you know the music?

Student: Well. I just wasn't coming because I didn't want to ruin my voice with all these practices. That's why I didn't come. But, I totally know the music.

Me: You would ruin your voice if you practiced with the choir?

Student: Yeah. So, I didn't come to practices because my voice is important to me. But, I totally learned the music and I can sing in the school assembly now.

Me: How did you learn the music?

Student: I practiced it at home. In my head.

Me: {seriously baffled look}

Student: Seriously Mrs. M. That's the best way to learn stuff. Listen to it and practice it in your head.

Me: While you sleep?

Student: {huge beaming smile} Yeah! Totally! While you sleep!

Me: {shaking my head}

Student: So I can sing in the assembly then?

Me: I guess so. But, you're going to look like a doofus.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes