Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, December 11, 2009

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny freaking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white rear down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a-holes this side of the nuthouse."
- Clark Griswold, Christmas Vacation


Is it bad that I have only bought one present this year? Yup. One. For Thing 3. She'll be a happy camper this Christmas, but the rest of the kiddos? Nothing. Zippo. Zilch.

Why?

Mostly because they don't need anything, and their requests are simply ridiculous. Thing 2 wants a Sugar Glider. Umm. Yeah. We have a dog that will eat the Sugar Glider.

Thing 1 wants a new camera which isn't a bad thing. Except she wants this camera which happens to be slightly out of my budget.

Moxie doesn't care. Which is good because she's sort of been naughty. As of today, she's on my naughty list. Why would I put a 21 month old baby on my naughty list? Well. Let me tell you. She decided to not just pick the paint off the corner of my wall, but the drywall too. All the way down to the metal rounded corners. Then she started trying to pull the metal corner out of the wall.

Yeah. I should have been watching her. But people. At some point I have to shower. I mean, the smell would be a bit much if I didn't.

I'll take a photo later once I find where Thing 1 put the card reader.

Kids. Seriously.

*****
The other reason I have done so little shopping is because I hate shopping. I don't like crowds. I don't like the mall. I just don't like shopping. Period.

I do like shopping on the Internet, so I suspect I'll be hitting Amazon hard-like later on today.

*****
Today is the last of my little Elementary School Choir Concerts.

Hallelujah.
Praise Allah.
Pass the Egg nog.

This year has been irritating at best. I have these plastic candle things that I want the kids to simply turn to the right to turn it on for one song, and turn to the left to turn it off once the song is done.

The way the kids are acting, you would think it was rocket science.

Half the kids can do it. The other half clearly should be riding the short bus. They can't do it. Instead they take the plastic candles apart and then proceed to play with the guts for the entire song.

We sing 11 songs, so you have to add some "spice" to the songs. Clearly, plastic candles will be off limits next year.

*****
I have to cut the randomness short today. I mean, if I sit here very long, Moxie may disassemble the entire wall. Which would be a rather nasty thing to fix. My wall is already a mess. Srsly. You should see it. I just have to shake my head, roll my eyes and walk away.

Otherwise, I might go all Clark Griswold on everyone.

Have a great weekend. I hope its full of all the things you love.

Catch ya on the flip side!

1. Winter Wonderland - Eurythmics
2. Cool Yule - Bette Midler
3. Bluegrass Christmas Mayhem - Ryan Shupe & the Rubberband
4. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
5. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - MercyMe
6. Edwins Tale - 1862 - Peter Breinholt
7.Grownup Christmas List - Amy Grant
8. Cantique De Noel (O Holy Night)
9. Reasons Why - Nickel Creek
10. Little Jack Frost, Get Lost - Bing Crosby

Bonus: The Chipmunk Song - Alvin & the Chipmunks


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes