Random randomness and then some Tunes

Friday, July 09, 2010

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

You have been dying to hear the conclusion of the Qwest saga, haven't you?  I knew it.

  I fired them back in May AFTER spending 3 hours on the phone with them trying to cancel their service.  They promised that they would come and bury the cables that have been strung along the length of my .75 acres since FEBRUARY.

Yeah. They suck.

They promptly sent someone out the next day to bury those cables. Or so they told me. The dude they sent wasn't a cable bury man, but a repair man. He was supposed to talk us into staying, and beef up our service so we wouldn't dump them.

He told us we should fire them too because we were paying for a 12mg download but were only getting about 8mg.

Nice.

Then they turned off my phone instead of my Internet.

Even nicer.

Finally, yesterday, they came and buried our exposed lines.

Seriously? Five months to do your job is ridiculous.  Most companies would fire your butt if it took you that long to do a job.

Which is why I did. Fire them, that is.

Have I mentioned that I love Comcast and I know it's true?

I do and it is. 

*****

Moxie has figured out how to open the front door. Which, in and of itself really isn't that big of a deal. Except that the dog has now figured out if she will stand by the front door and whine, Moxie will let her out of her prison.

In a one day period she set the dog free no less than 4 times. FOUR times of me then having to run outside yelling and screaming like a lunatic to chase the friggin' dog back home.

Which the dog AND Moxie both love.

I guess I'm the major pooper to their party.

*****
Thing 1 is able to get her learners permit in a month. She took one look at that drivers manual and rolled her eyes so deeply I thought they were stuck.  She tried to read a chapter, she said, but it was so boring it made her fall asleep for FOUR HOURS Mom. 

I told her I refused to let her get her learners permit if she couldn't even be bothered to learn the rules of the road. 

Then she said the most remarkable thing:  "That book is dumb anyway. I mean, who really needs to know how close you should follow someone or where you can park?"

Ummm.... Sweetie, You Do.

So, until you do "No license for you!"  {said in my best soup Nazi voice}

*****
I have to complain about the person that built my house. Will you indulge me for a moment?

He's a MORON.

He isn't a builder by trade, but an LDS Seminary teacher.

He shouldn't quit his day job, is what I'm saying.

(or maybe he should? )

He wired the entire house backwards. And, the GF plug for the basement is upstairs--on the third level-- in the laundry room.

Doofus.

(I'm trying really hard not to swear.)

(Which is what I really want to do. Because he's more than just a Doofus.)

He ran the furnace WHILE he did the dry walling (which is a big no-no).

He did the HVAC all by his lonesome--which is evident by how screwy the vents are.

If I ever see him in person, it will take every single ounce of self control that I have to not punch him in the throat.

Seriously.

*****
Thing 2 has been invited with his football team from last year to go and be the half-time entertainment for the Utah Blaze game tonight.

His team of 11-12 year old boys are going to play all the mascots.  Like the Jazz Bear, and the Utah Bee's thing.  You know. Mascots.

I think that is going to be hilarious to watch and I plan on taking a plethora of photos to show you the hilariousness of watching pre-teen boys open a can of whoop A on a bunch of grown men dressed up in costumes.

It's going to be a stellar night!

*****
Have a great weekend!

My A/C is getting fixed so hopefully we will have a nice COOL weekend.

Here's hoping.

Catch ya on the flip side. 

1.  Smile  - Uncle Kracker
2.  Freedom - Amos Lee
3.  Everybody Everybody - Black Box
4.  Breathe Me - Sia
5.  Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies
6.  Friend Like You - Joshua Radin
7.  Voyager II - Virginia Coalition
8.  The Way It Is  -  Donavon Frankenreiter
9.  Forgiveness - Vaughan Penn
10. Slow Glass - Noah & The Whale

Bonus: Nothing But The Whole Wide World - Jakob Dylan


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes