If I only had a brain

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Most of you know that I'm friends with Sher in real life. She literally lives around the corner from me. If I stood on the roof of my house, I could throw a rock at her. I could. It would miss, but I could.

We became friends not because we live so close, or because we were even visiting teaching companions (which we were). Nope. We became friends because we both had blogs. We never talked on the phone, but we would leave hilarious comments on each others blogs. Then we moved from being just "comment friends" to email pals.

If there was something hilarious I wanted to tell Sher, rather than call her, because really? Who does that? It's scary. I heard she's unapproachable. (Not really) I email her. Then I laugh manically because dang! I'm funny!

Good thing she gets my humor too because we were able to move from being email pals to "Hey! Lets go visiting teaching. I know you wont eat me" kind of friends.

Here is a recent exchange that we had... via email.


My email: Are you going to bookclub?

Sher: No. I'm going camping.

Me: I'm not going either. I have to visit family. They're going to recite all the reasons why being a Mormon is sending me to the depths of hell. Jealous?

Sher: No.

Me: Get off the phone I'm trying to call you.

Sher: I picked up the phone. You didn't answer when I said hello.

Me: That's because you didn't say hello.

Sher: Yes I did.

Me: No. It went straight to voice mail.

Sher: It said "Crazyland" on the caller id. I picked it up.

Me: Your phone is possessed.

See? We talk about serious, important issues.

She's a musician. Did you know? Not only is she a musician that is really good, but she's a musician that is being played on the radio. For Reals. They played her incredible music on the radio this past Sunday.

We should all email the station and request more of her songs. That's what friends do. Right?

I have two other friends that I share a brain with, but they live across the country. It's been lonely for me, walking around with only half a brain.

I feel pretty lucky to have found the other half of my brain again. Thanks Sher.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes