Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, August 21, 2009

"I'm like Mr. Miyagi and Yoda, all rolled into one."
- Michael, The Office


I tell my kids all the time that I have secret, super powers and an eye in the back of my head. I think sometimes they actually believe me. Like yesterday in the car. I just figured out that I have a radio/volume control on my steering wheel. Thing 2 would change the station in the car, I would change it back. He would get a puzzled look and change it again. I would then make the volume go really loud and he would freak out and turn it back down. I told him we had a ghost living in our van again, but he didn't buy it.

Then I told him I had super Jedi mind powers. And I was an evil genius.
He said really? Cool.

Muwah-ha ha ha ha ha!!

*****

My girlfriends from high school and I got together again after our 20 year reunion and took over Applebee's. We stayed until they literally kicked us out. Then moved it to the parking lot and hung out there until they turned the lights out on us. We were a moving party... until 2am. It was awesome!

(I am way to old to do this 3 nights in a row. How did I ever keep hours like this when I was younger?)

It was so great to reconnect with these girls after all these years. We were able to pick our friendships up right where we left off-- easy and flawlessly. We reminisced about stupid arguments we had, the crazy girl we all knew, and where our various lives had led us. I feel so blessed to have had these gals in my life during pivotal moments.

I think I convinced them that we should finally make our U2 trek. They're coming in concert and my argument when they asked why was why not? It's twenty years late, but my motto has and always will be "better late than never!"

*****
I cannot believe that school starts on Monday. It is a relief. We are finally going to get back on a schedule that is a normal bedtime. I am a creature of habit, and I like routine. School means a return to routine.

And yet.

I feel sad. Its just one year closer to my children growing up, leaving home and not needing me any more. Thing 1 is in 9th grade. I thought I knew everything in 9th grade. Now I realize that not only did not know anything then, I have only begun to scratch the surface now.

The summer, although we have been sans schedule or routine, has just blown by. We have been a bunch of lazy-lazies. It's been nice. I feel mildly relaxed. Looking forward to this next school year brings giant amounts of stress.

*****
Taking Moxie out in public has always been easy. She sits and waves at everyone. She babbles and laughs. When we go out to eat, she sits in her chair, eats her food and watches everything unfold around her.

Until yesterday, that is.

I went out with some of my friends for lunch and I brought Moxie along for kicks. I had zero reservations because she has always been so good. Yesterday she proved to everyone that I am a big fat liar.

She picked up her plate and tried to throw it. There was a plate of tortilla chips next to her, and she would break them apart and throw them at everyone. She grabbed at my friends lunch and threw her drink on the floor.

She was happy when I would let her stick her hands in my diet coke and suck the nectar of the gods off her fingers.

She was a total spaz and I was embarrassed.
The End.

*****
What TV shows are you getting excited for?

*****
I went to buy U2 tickets and nearly had a stroke. They wanted $250 per ticket. $250 people. Do you know what I could do with $250? Yeah. Sadly, I refuse to pay that. I guess I'll have to get the DVD, have a party and watch it in my backyard with the volume cranked. It would be like we were there.

Almost.

*****
I have been procrastinating writing up the Elementary school newsletter. For some strange reason, it is sending me into a nervous, epileptic fit. It has to be emailed out to the 500+ families that have kids at our school. Like today.

I haven't even started it. Guess what I will be spending the day doing?

Wish me luck.

*****
I also totally blew off getting Thing 1 transferred out of the Math teacher she got... now she has to endure the entire first semester with him.

Sucks for her and she's really mad at me.

I am well on my way of fulfilling my evil plan of ruining her life.

*****
In honor of my 2o year class reunion, I made an '80's play list for today's random 1o.

You're welcome.

1. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
2. If You Leave - OMD
3. Love My Way - Psychedelic Furs
4. No One Is To Blame - Howard Jones
5. Crazy For You - Madonna
6. Is She Really Going Out With Him - Joe Jackson
7. Englishman In New York - Sting
8. Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears
9. Chains of Love - Erasure
10. Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison

Bonus: Forever Young - Alphaville


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes