ima10cow and ipaid10cows
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
This is my adorable baby sister and her husband, right after they finished running Ragnar. She's going to kill me for showing you this oh so lovely photo. Oh well.I have a way better one of her, but its on the dead computer that I have been arguing with Toshiba about. I'll tell you all about that later, because this post is all about ima10cow, my sister.
Isn't that the best screen name ever? ima10cow? It's taken from the movie, Johnny Lingo. I love the fact that when they got married, her spouse changed his screen name to ipaid10cows. That make me all giddy, because that's true love, yo!
Actually, her spouse is a perfect match for her and he takes great care of her. When they were first married, he would wake up in the middle of the night to check on her to make sure her blood sugar wasn't too low. Isn't that remarkable? He really is a great catch!
ima10cow was diagnosed with diabetes when she was 15 years old. I remember going to Primary Children's Hospital to see her. It was a frightening time, because we really knew nothing about this disease, and frankly we were all a bunch of junk food addicts.
She has been a trooper and really manages her disease well. She is a health nut, eats right and counts her carbs. If only I could do that. I just might loose this 37 pound tire around my middle if I did.
My sister is amazing. She is not only beautiful on the outside, but on the inside as well. She can do anything she sets her mind to, and she does it well. That, my peeps, is a rare talent. She knows the scriptures better than most RM's and her wisdom way exceeds her 30 young years.
So, the reason behind my 'ode de ima10cow' is because her cute husband is raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes foundation. They have a walk on Saturday that he is participating in, while he is training for another marathon.
Seriously, the dude can run.
I just thought it would be cool if, you know, all 7 of my readers helped pitch in five bucks. That would be $35.00 towards an excellent cause. You all can say that you now know someone with diabetes... ima10cow. She's adorable. It's a disease that can be cured, we just need to raise more money.
He already reached is goal, but I live by the rule of being an overachiever (not really). I helped ipaid10cows towards his new goal of being an over achiever. Over achievers rule the world. Don't you want to help too? It'll get you one step closer to heaven.
So, what say ye? Are you in? I already donated.
Who wants to see my $5.00 and raise it to $10.00??
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Donate here. To find out more about Juvenile Diabetes please go here.
