Friday, December 28, 2007
"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it." - Elias Schwartz
Well. Today is the day that I wish I had that magic spell of being able to drag and drop all my Christmas decorations into their correct storage containers... Putting the stuff away is a major deterrent for me and decorating. I hate the whole put away decoration crap- every. single. month. I used to be really good at changing my decorations monthly. I had wreaths coming out my eyeballs. I had monthly "themes" that I would decorate around.
Seriously.
I know. Isn't that just whacked? Then, I came to my senses. And threw it all away. I only "decorate" now for Christmas. The rest of the year we just have our house be simple. Now. Don't get me wrong. I am not bagging on those who do like to do the whole monthly decoration deal. If that's your bag, more power to you! I just can't do the whole new decorations every single month... based on what holiday falls in that month.... IE: January = snowflakes & snowmen; February = Hearts and Valentines; March = Shamrocks and St. Patty's Day... See where I am heading? It can quickly get out of control.
I WAS out of control. But. I decided to simplify. Mostly because I have a wise husband who likes to throw crap away. And, by his throwing crap away... I LOVE to throw crap away now. Seriously. There is not a better feeling than seeing all your crap sitting on the curb waiting for the garbage man to come and take it away. Its outside... not inside all over the floors and taking up vital, useful space!
So. Today I am wishing, hoping, and praying that someone will invent that little point and click device that will enable me to have my Christmas decorations put away within Milli-seconds of starting! But, I suppose, until that happens I will have to start doing it myself... 1 pathetic box at a time.
What are you doing on this post-holiday-day?
1. These Are The Days - 10,000 Maniacs
2. My Wish - Rascal Flatts
3. Trouble - Ray Lamontagne
4. Lean On Me (live) - Rascal Flatts
5. 29 - Ryan Adams
6. Louisiana Bayou - Dave Matthews Band
7. On Songwriting - Colbie Calliat
8. But You Know I Love You - Alison Krauss
9. In Need Of A Miracle - New Radicals
10. Freedom 90
Bonus: The Forecast - Jason Mraz
Well. Today is the day that I wish I had that magic spell of being able to drag and drop all my Christmas decorations into their correct storage containers... Putting the stuff away is a major deterrent for me and decorating. I hate the whole put away decoration crap- every. single. month. I used to be really good at changing my decorations monthly. I had wreaths coming out my eyeballs. I had monthly "themes" that I would decorate around.
Seriously.
I know. Isn't that just whacked? Then, I came to my senses. And threw it all away. I only "decorate" now for Christmas. The rest of the year we just have our house be simple. Now. Don't get me wrong. I am not bagging on those who do like to do the whole monthly decoration deal. If that's your bag, more power to you! I just can't do the whole new decorations every single month... based on what holiday falls in that month.... IE: January = snowflakes & snowmen; February = Hearts and Valentines; March = Shamrocks and St. Patty's Day... See where I am heading? It can quickly get out of control.
I WAS out of control. But. I decided to simplify. Mostly because I have a wise husband who likes to throw crap away. And, by his throwing crap away... I LOVE to throw crap away now. Seriously. There is not a better feeling than seeing all your crap sitting on the curb waiting for the garbage man to come and take it away. Its outside... not inside all over the floors and taking up vital, useful space!
So. Today I am wishing, hoping, and praying that someone will invent that little point and click device that will enable me to have my Christmas decorations put away within Milli-seconds of starting! But, I suppose, until that happens I will have to start doing it myself... 1 pathetic box at a time.
What are you doing on this post-holiday-day?
1. These Are The Days - 10,000 Maniacs
2. My Wish - Rascal Flatts
3. Trouble - Ray Lamontagne
4. Lean On Me (live) - Rascal Flatts
5. 29 - Ryan Adams
6. Louisiana Bayou - Dave Matthews Band
7. On Songwriting - Colbie Calliat
8. But You Know I Love You - Alison Krauss
9. In Need Of A Miracle - New Radicals
10. Freedom 90
Bonus: The Forecast - Jason Mraz
