Random 10 Friday

Friday, December 14, 2007


"With as much dignity as he could muster, the Old Man gathered up the sad remains of his shattered Major Award. Later that night, alone in the backyard, he buried it next to the garage. Now I could never be sure, but I thought that I heard the sound of "Taps" being played. Gently." - The Christmas Story

I LOVE this movie. I laugh at the same places every single time I watch it... which is every year. My kids groan outwardly when I suggest that we watch it... Thing 2 actually conjures up tears at the thoughts of having to sit through this movie with the family. Thing 1 sits and complains, sighs, and moans through the whole event. I don't understand why. It's hilarious! It's funny. Its a tradition. And they are going to enjoy it, come hell or high water!!
Dammit!
What are your family traditions that your kids freak out about??

On another note, only 11 days until Christmas is here.
ELEVEN DAYS PEOPLE!
~that is me freaking out~
Ok. I am fine. Not really. Yes I am .Sigh. Oh the insanity of it all!
Happy Friday folks!

1. Here Comes Santa Claus - The Ray Conniff Singers
2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Billy Joel/Rosie O'Donnell
3. Sleigh Ride - Leroy Anderson
4. Angels We Have Heard on High - Pittsburgh Symphony Brass
5. You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Dr. Seuss
6. Christmas Time Is Here - Vince Guaraldi
7. First Noel/When the Meadow was Bloomin' - Barry Manilow
8. Winter Wonderland - Tony Bennett
9. 2000 Miles - Pretenders
10. Carol of the Bells - Harry Simeone Chorale

Bonus: Here We Come a Caroling/We Wish You A Merry Christmas - Perry Como


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes