The Ho Ho Man

Saturday, December 08, 2007

When my older children were younger, they referred to Santa as The Ho Ho Man. Thing 1 loved him, and constantly wanted to sit on his lap and chat him up. Thing 2 on the other had wanted nothing to do with him, and to further keep The Ho Ho Man as far away from him as possible. I wasn't too sure how Thing 3 would respond. The last few years, she too has wanted ZERO to do with The Ho Ho Man. Today, as we were getting ready for our church breakfast Christmas party, she was strongly telling me that I HAD to go with her to talk to The Ho Ho Man, because she was feeling just a little shy...Thing 3 listening very carefully, hearing Santa's bells jingling in the hallway at church. She was getting SO excited! When he walked through that door, it was magic, I tell you, pure magic! I am such a sap, that I actually got all teary eyed! I know, that is SO nerdy. But really, to see Santa the way Thing 3 was seeing him was very magical for me, and made me quite teary! (yes. I was embarrassed, because everyone was looking at me all funny! but, who cares! I mean seriously! It was amazing to watch her, and how much she loves Santa, and completely BELIEVES!)
She wanted to pet his reindeer so bad, but alas, Santa left them in the pasture, and had someone give him a ride!

At first, she wanted to ask The Ho Ho Man for a real Barbie computer, but then right before it was her turn to sit on his lap, she grabbed my shirt and pulled me down so she could tell me that she had changed her mind. Oh. Ok. She REALLY wanted to ask him for a tea set.
A Tea Set? She has never, not once, asked for a tea set. NEVER.
But, she told Santa she wanted a Tea Set. He asked if could come over and have a tea party. She grinned and said:"Of course!"
Guess you know what we are scrambling to find now, huh?!

Thing 2 asked for an X box 360. I told him to ask for something else. Santa looked at me, and said, "Boy. I don't think I can get those anymore... is there something else I can get you?" Thing 2 sternly stated "Nope. I want an X box 360." Know what he is NOT getting?? Yup. You guessed it. AM I WORRIED?
uh. Of course!

Thing 1 with some of the older girls at church. I wanted a photo with her on Santa's lap, and was trying to convince them that they should each sit on his lap and tell Santa that what they wanted for Christmas was a balanced national budget, stiffer penalties for repeat offenders, a solution for Global Warming and World peace. That's not TOO much to ask for is it ? I mean really. But, instead, all those big girls wanted for Christmas was...
A Man.
As if.
Thing 1 said, "I was just going to tell him I wanted clothes... but they persuaded me to come sit with them and ask for a man."
So, I sent Thing 2 over there to get his photo taken with them... and Santa promptly said :"Well. Here you go. Here's your Man!"


Merry Christmas!
13 Shopping days left until Christmas... I didn't count Sundays. If you want to count them too, then there are 16 days left. Either way, it will be upon us quicker than we think. This year the time is just FLYING by, and I really don't think I like it all that much!!
How are you doing on your shopping? Are you almost done??


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes