Happy Birtday!
Tuesday, December 04, 2007



Thing 2 turned 9 today. NINE! Where did those 9 years go? It seems like just yesterday, he was born - NATURALLY, I might add - and suddenly he is turning 9. It just doesn't seem possible. Jefe and I were telling him that when he was first born, he could tell if I left the house without him. Jefe would be holding him, and Thing 2 would be happy and content... then I would walk out the front door, and he would immediately start screaming. It really stressed Jefe out. It was like that for a long time. Then, slowly, Thing 2 changed camps. It started when he was about 18 months old, and he would stand at the front door, about the time Jefe was supposed to come home from school, and he would bang on the front door until Jefe would walk through it.Thing 2 laughed and laughed as we told him these stories. Then he looked at me and said... "Well. I liked you when I first born, but now I'm Dad's buddy."
OUCH!
But, really. He has always been his Daddy's boy. Thing 2 would tell me, when he was younger, that I was his best girl, but Daddy was his buddy. And, that is how it should be.
Thing 2 is a kind boy, whose greatest desire is for everyone to be happy. He is my peacemaker. He is thoughtful , and a good friend, loyal friend. Everyone tells me how much they love Thing 2, and how much they love having him play with their children. He is a calm boy. He is very obedient. He has a good heart, and wants to be good. His belief in God is strong, and he recognizes the feelings of the Holy Ghost. He really is amazing!
I wish I could have 10 Thing 2's... not that I don't love my girls, because I do. But, Thing 2 is so good, so easy, so obedient, that it would be wonderful to not have the drama... But. That would make life to easy, right?
I am so grateful that The Lord send him to us... he has been a great blessing in our lives. He is a good boy. No. Scratch that. He is a wonderfully, amazing boy. He is our boy. And I am forever grateful!
Happy Birthday Thing 2!
I love you!
ps. Doesn't he look handsome in his new glasses? He got almost all A's on his report card... he is starting to take after his older sister... he is SMART!
