Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Well. The present that Jefe and I were the most excited about was a hit!! HUGE HUGE hit! When Jefe opened the gift, the kids screamed!! Thing 2 hugged Thing 1 and they just laughed and laughed. Then Thing 2 yelled, "It's true. The older you get the cooler your gifts get!" Isn't that awesome?? I was supposed to be video tapping their response... but instead of pushing record, I pushed pause and so we got a big ZIPPO, NADA, Nothing tapped.
I totally screwed that up! Oh well. It will be ingrained in my brain forever! It was awesome! They had a great Christmas. They each kept saying: "This is the best Christmas EVER!" They were so happy. The Wii was plugged in promptly at 7:30am and has been running ever since! It comes with an Olympics game, and it is a blast to see them playing it! Thing 3 is even able to play this system! That makes me happy! She is loving the the boxing one! Its hilarious to watch! Even I can bust a move or two on the boxing one! It also has tennis, baseball, golf, and then boxing. Its a total blast, and once we get 3 more controllers, it will be a blast to all play together!!
There is a game you can do that will test your Wii age... apparently my Wii age is 50.
50! Umm. I wonder if that is anything like my Real Age? If it is, then I find that really upsetting. I guess I need to get it together and play more video games??


Thing 2 got a long board (don't ask me, cause I don't know what the difference is) and this Lego Mission to Mars thing. He also got roller blades.
Thing 2 got a handmade dragon, with porcelain teeth from Jefe's mom. He was estactic! He flew that dragon all over the house! He is getting quite the collection of these. Jefe's mom is AMAZING when it comes to making these kind of gifts! The kids LOVE them! Thing1 got a doll making kit, and is VERY excited!

Thing 3 got the Princess and the Pea. Its a doll, with handmade mattresses, the doll and the book. She plays non-stop with it! I have to say this: Jefe's mom knows how to give gifts. She gives great gifts! And, she passed that talent on to her son. He is freakin' pater familias when it comes to gift giving! I have to admit, that I am jealous of his gift giving ablities! I suck at picking out gifts! It drives him nuts, but I sort of insist, as of late, that he come with me to pick out any gifts... cause he ROCKS!

Thing 1 was so desperate to know if she was going to get an MP3 player and a new cell phone. Well. Santa pulled through for her. She got a wicked awesome MP3 player, and a cool new flip phone that has video/camera capabilities! She has been parked in front of Jefe's lap top computer all morning and afternoon downloading music onto her MP3 player. It can hold a ridiculous amount of songs... something like 2,000 or some such thing. It is compatible with Rhapsody, so that is a good thing. Could you imagine having to buy each individual song? YIKES! She is in hog heaven!

Thing 3 wanted 1 thing and 1 thing only... a tea set. So that she could have real live tea parties! She has been playing Thing 2 & 3's gameboys like crazy... always selling Thing 1's ninten-dogs and making her mad. So, she got her own Ninten-dogs and game boy. She did have a great xmas! Can you tell that she is happy?

Everyone got roller blades... well everyone but me. Jefe put his foot down on that point. Once the baby comes, however, I am getting me a pair. I have wanted roller blades for years and by dang. I am going to get me some! Thing3 has not taken her roller blades off. She LOVES them! They have been outside, in this sub-arctic freezing weather, roller blading their little hearts out! Even Jefe has been out there roller blading! It really has been a great day!

Yes. Jefe pulled a fast one on me this year! We had agreed that Wii was for both of us. But, I have been Jonesin' for a new camera big time! He had me open this giant box. As soon as I saw what it was, I started to cry. How nerdy is THAT? Pretty nerdy. I was caught off guard. I hadn't planned on anything. He pulled a fast one. Now, I have lots of new stuff to learn and figure out. I'm a little nervous, intimidated actually. But, I will get it figured out. I have to go get some sort of card attachment dealie so that I can upload my photos to my computer. I have a wire thing to upload photos with, but apparently, if I get this other card thing, I can upload them at record speed. And, I need to get photo shop now so that I can edit my photos. I am SO excited. I have set a couple of goals of things I want to be able to do by next Christmas... hopefully I will be able to accomplish it!

Finally. Now that the entire event is over, my body is starting to rebel. I have been fighting being sick for several weeks now. This afternoon, I can feel body surrendering to this cold. Its settling in my chest, and all I want to do is sleep. At least we made it through Christmas without the kids being sick!
Merry Christmas friends. Did Santa find you?


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes