Thursday, December 20, 2007

Our little Choir started again this morning. We will meet today, and tomorrow. Then the kids get to have the Christmas holiday off, then we meet everyday once we get back into school.Why? Well, let me tell you.
Our beloved State Capitol has been under renovation for several years. It is set to be re-opened/dedicated at the beginning of January. Our little Choir has been asked to sing at an open house for it--- with a 25 minute program! Yikes! We will have a total of 8 practices before we sing in the that magnificent building. I am thrilled, to say the least. I mean, seriously. That is an amazing opportunity for these kids! They have been able to sing in places that most kids NEVER get to even see, let a lone sing in. The acoustics at this place are freaking amazing!
It will be something they will NEVER forget! How amazing is this little choir? First, they were able to sing on the local radio station. Then last year, they were able to sing at symphony hall, and now this? Sheesh. Amazing!
I am excited. It will be wonderful!
