Girls Camp
Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I turned on my heater this morning. I think the weather Gods missed the memo that its Summer! Its raining, and Jefe went off to work with his leather coat.
COAT and JUNE just seem like an oxymoron to me.
It's raining down here, so I can only imagine what it's doing up in the mountains where Thing 1 is sleeping. I hear that some parts of the Mountains got snow last night.
Again, SNOW and JUNE = Oxymoron.
I made Thing 1 pack all sorts of ridiculous items for girls camp (at least she rather loudly told me they were ridiculous!) like long sleeve shirts, hoodies, sweatpants, and several pairs of socks. By several I mean A LOT! I would tell her she needed more socks, she would roll her eyes. I told her: "You have to rotate your socks, always keeping your feet in dry socks. So pack more socks. You can double up on socks at night." She sighed, rolled her eyes and was all "Mom. This isn't like the olden days... its WARM outside". (olden days?? whaatt?? )
She about died when I made her carry her coat with her."Mom! Its freaking warm outside. I don't need my COAT!" Yes you do. She took her coat. She looked like a little granola hiker... with her long sleeve shirt, her water proof hiking boots - at my insistence, her backpack with a water bottle and beef jerky. All the other girls showed up in shorts, t-shirts & flip flops -- sans coat.
Yeah.
She's thanking me now.
