Soundtrack Sunday

Sunday, June 29, 2008



I love my cell phone. I really have no idea how on earth I survived without it. If I need to know something... I just make a call. I'm running late? No biggie, I have a cell phone. Can't find my kids? No big deal. I just call their cell phones.

And, roll-over minutes! Ahhh. Those blessed roll-over minutes. That is a beautiful thing, my friends-- those roll over minutes.

I will make a confession to you... I once had a ridiculously HUGE cell phone bill! (how large? So large, that if I told you, you would shake your head in utter disgust and say "What in the SAM freaking HILL did you talk about for that long to get that high of a bill??) Gigantic!! All because I liked to talk on the phone so much. My husband took my cell phone away from me, until that bill was paid. That was when we found Cingular (now At&t) roll-over minutes. Amen for Cingular!

I got tired of trying to always figure out who was calling me, so I started downloading ring tones. I was a little nervous at first... it was scary! What if I accidentally did something that charged me $87.00? That would totally suck! I got the hang of downloading, and I sort of went hog wild.

Then, the Young Women at church got a hold of my phone... and it was all down hill from there. Did you know that you can do this beaming thing-- and beam ring tones back and forth? And, it doesn't cost anything? I know. Totally cool!! I actually really like ring tones... a lot. It makes it so that immediately, when my phone rings, I know exactly who is calling.

All the ring tones I have are songs that I not only love, but fit the various persons that they are assigned too. I heard Vampire Weekend on NPR, and then again on my sisters phone... I love Vampire Weekend, and I HAD to have them for a ring tone! My sister made the chorus into the ring tone... and sometimes I "accidentally on purpose" miss a call, just so that I can listen to the song. Everyone has their own specific ring tone... and I love it!

So, today's Soundtrack Sunday is a snippet of my various ring tones. Which one would be yours if you called me today? And, what are your ring tones like?


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes