Soundtrack Sunday-- On Monday

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I grew up in a home with 3 sisters. We were your typical sisters... fighting like cats and dogs, but when push came to shove-- we had each others backs! I have fond memories of my sisters, and our silly games we would play... the silly things we would do.


My sister, islandmom, and I had a secret knock that we would do at night when we couldn't sleep. Except that we really didn't understand the knock, so we would end up talking through the wall (our beds were pushed up against the same wall) and telling each other what we were trying to say. We would all tickle each others backs during Church services, and write secret messages to each other on our backs... yes. We did that instead of paying attention.



We were all afraid of the basement. We had our little routines of running down the stairs-- pausing at the bottom-- taking a deep breath, and then dashing as fast as you can to the end of the hall! We were worried about seeing those scary, yellow eyes from the Thriller video. I think that if you ask my sisters, they will admit that they are still afraid of the basement. I still find myself doing our little routine. In fact, I did it just last night.


I was going down the stairs to see my Dad. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs. I peeked around the corner (looking for those scary eyes), found my “spot” at the end of the hall to look at while I dashed down that hall.


Some things, I guess, never change. Basements are scary. Thriller eyes are scary. But, sisters offer comfort. This Soundtrack Sunday is for my sisters. I'll save them from those scary eyes any day!




  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes