Random Randomness And Then Some Tunes

Friday, December 10, 2010

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.  - Anais Nin

There isn't a truer statement on human behavior than that one up there. Our realm of how we behave, or interact with others and, frankly, judge others is based 100% on the way we live our lives.  We only have our experiences to draw upon-- so  subconsciously we assume that everyone else does things or thinks things exactly like us.

That's why, when something is completely irritating in another person, it's because it's that one thing we see in ourselves that we really don't like.

Think about that the next time you find yourself wanting to rip apart a person who isn't present. What is it that is irritating you, and then look for it in yourself. You just might be surprised.
---
There are 15 days until Christmas and I haven't even started shopping.

I have nothing wrapped under my tree nor do I even have one thing purchased.

Jefe did order our parents their gifts, and have them shipped on December 1st-- so I guess that's one good thing.

I just have been so busy with life that doing the one thing I hate to do more than anything else in the world (aka: shopping) I have avoided it like the plague. My Christmas money is sitting in an envelope in the kitchen window.

(please don't come rob me.)

-----
My business partners and I have been working furiously for the last 3 months on a project that I am really proud of-- The Return to Family. We have partnered with famed Christian Artist, Liz Lemon Swindle and have put together an Art package that will help you teach Core Values and Principals of Integrity to your children and grandchildren.


I received all of the paintings on Wednesday and to say how thrilled I am with the outcome would be an understatement! They are beautiful and! AND!! They are all signed by Liz herself! At the end of the year you'll have a collection of signed Liz Lemon Swindle prints and all it will cost you is giving up one trip a day to McDonald's to get your large diet coke!  $21.95 a month and you will get a signed painting sent to your home every single month.

I got to be on Studio 5 to promote the project. It was a last minute gig.  I found out the day before, and had just enough time to get my nails done-- which was a good thing.

You can watch me, but please don't judge.  And, I'll confess something to you -- I haven't had the courage to watch it yet.


You can order your copy of the Return to Family project here.

---
Hello Grand America Hotel,

I haven't ever seen you before, let alone used you for your beds. I am, however,  looking forward to our meeting this evening.

I hope you feed me well, and rock me to a sound lullaby sleep.

Love,
~motherboard
-----
Have a wonderful weekend, people!  I have one filled with good food, lazy times and shopping brawls.

Jefe and I are going to spend it shoving people at the stores to get all of our Christmas shopping done in one weekend.

It should be hellish loads of fun.

Catch ya on the flip side!


1. The Christmas  Song - Nat King Cole
2. Baby It's Cold Outside - Martina McBride
3. Mouthwash - Kate Nash
4. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra
5. I Need All The Friends I Can Get - Camera Obscura
6. It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas - Johnny Mathis
7. Como Yo Te Ame- Stereo 3
8. It Ain't Over Til It's Over - Lenny Kravitz 
9. Back To Manhattan - Norah Jones
10. Southern Girl - Amos Lee

Bonus: Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes