Teenager speak
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
When did "So… Yeah…" become punctuation?
I know that I have used it here. On occasion. And I hide my head in shame.
But, really. When did the punctuation rules change? I never got that memo.
I like some of the phrases that they use. . . in an eye twitching sort of way:
Wizard = Cool!
Fo shizzle dizzle = for sure! yeah that's great!
Bling bling.
I will be honest. I actually had to look that one up when I started hearing it.
Now? I just look flat out dumbfounded as I ask the teenagers "What in the SAM-HILL Did you just say? All I heard was: "aksdjfkajoijfljkjdkf < boys > ajsdkfjlajlskdjflj".
They always laugh "Oh Motherboard! You’re so funny!"
I guess this is a sign that I am "fo sho" getting "C.T.D" or circling the drain.
{Sigh}
Language has sure changed since I was a teenager.
"Hun! Nut-uhh! Like don't have a cow, but that Dude was totally checkin' you out!! Gross me out to the max! Gag me with a pitch fork!"
Remember those days?
What kinds of things did you say?
I know that I have used it here. On occasion. And I hide my head in shame.
But, really. When did the punctuation rules change? I never got that memo.
I like some of the phrases that they use. . . in an eye twitching sort of way:
Wizard = Cool!
Fo shizzle dizzle = for sure! yeah that's great!
Bling bling.
I will be honest. I actually had to look that one up when I started hearing it.
Now? I just look flat out dumbfounded as I ask the teenagers "What in the SAM-HILL Did you just say? All I heard was: "aksdjfkajoijfljkjdkf < boys > ajsdkfjlajlskdjflj".
They always laugh "Oh Motherboard! You’re so funny!"
I guess this is a sign that I am "fo sho" getting "C.T.D" or circling the drain.
{Sigh}
Language has sure changed since I was a teenager.
"Hun! Nut-uhh! Like don't have a cow, but that Dude was totally checkin' you out!! Gross me out to the max! Gag me with a pitch fork!"
Remember those days?
What kinds of things did you say?

