HE hears you.

Friday, June 19, 2009

I have a very sick child.

I feel bad and guilty because I thought she was just "milking it". That is until we went to the doctor and he confirmed that yes indeed, this child is sick. She is not only sick, but extremely sick.

I am so very worried about her. As I scoured the Internet for answers to her ailment, Jefe pointed out how lucky we are to live in a time like this. Could you imagine, he said, living during the time of the bubonic plague and not only not knowing, but not knowing what to do or what to look for?

No. I could not. That would be horrifying. Google is a blessing, I think. A very big blessing.

She sleeps a lot. Her fever is high and I have been doing a lot of pacing, cleaning, spraying Lysol and praying.

She told me that she had been praying, earlier in the day, that she would be healthy enough to go hiking. It was an important, necessary hike. A hike that could not be skipped, nor could it be made up.

She said she asked God to make her healthy long enough to do the hike. Then she looked at me and said "You know what? I think God answered my prayers".

She then told me that as soon as she got out of the car, she felt good. Really good. Better than she has felt in days. She did her 4 hour hike and had a lot of fun. But, as soon as she got back in our car, she started feeling sick again. By the time we got home, she was back to being really sick, and she crawled into bed and slept all afternoon.

After hearing her diagnosis tonight, she turned again and said "that makes the answer to my prayer even more valuable now. I'm really sick, but He heard me and answered MY prayer! Mom, I was better long enough to do the hike. I guess God really is out there. Somewhere."

Yes dear. He is.

We petitioned him again, in a different way tonight, on her behalf. I am exercising my faith, like she did, that he will hear our prayers and heal her again. This time for good.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes