Waiting with bated (or is it baited) breath my friends!

Tuesday, June 09, 2009



Every summer, I pull out Harry Potter. I read the books from cover to cover and then the books on tape get plopped in. We have our daily scripture listening, over breakfast. Then, after that, its the Harry Potter listening. All while we fold laundry, or clean bathrooms and do the dishes. Harry is always there.

He is like my long lost best friend. Whenever I dust him off, we pick up right where we left off... fantastic adventures around every corner. I'm right there with him, fighting off those dementors. Or disapparating with Dumbledore and eating Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean.

Truth be told, I kind of have a small-ish crush on Harry Potter. Not the Daniel Radcliff Harry Potter, but the Harry potter that lives in my brain. I know. That's sort of gross, seeing how I am a middle aged woman-- old enough to be his mother-- and he's... well... Jail bait.

I could be the Hog to his Warts. Or the butter in his beer, or the pad to his foot! I would even be the snap in his crackle and pop!

I'm the 4th wheel to this crazy friendship tricycle. I am the one that balances everything out-- cause we all know the saying "three's a crowd". With me running around with them, tossing hexes and curses right along side them-- there is no crowd. Only excitement and adventure.





At least that's how it goes in my mind.

Reality is that I would have probably been some lumpy Hufflepuff girl, watching Harry from the sidelines as he and his pals had all the amazing adventures.

That's really how my life rolls.

But, being a lumpy Hufflepuff girl would still have been pretty sweet. I could have used magic to fold my laundry.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes