Prison (break?)
Monday, June 08, 2009
Today was the first day of summer vacation. Or Prison. It depends on with whom you were talking.I think I have officially earned the meanest mother nomination.
Especially since I made my kids do - GASP- chores today. On their vacation. Which, to them, meant a vacation from everything. Including chores.
{insert evil laugh}
Not only were there chores, but Thing 1 - the teenager - had to go to summer PE. Never mind that it gets her out of PE during the school year (and out of showering AT SCHOOL). She gets to go golfing, hiking, swimming, laser tagging... who wouldn't want to do that? AND not have to take PE during the school year, or take showers? (can I have an amen?)
It sounded like a perfect way to spend the month of June.
But, I'm a grown up. That is old and boring, and I apparently have no life. That's why it would sound fun.
Meanest Mother award? Yup! It's in the bag!
