World War III - Prankster style.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

We have some pretty fun neighbors. We hang out on a regular basis. We blow stuff up, loose stuff in creeks, play Rock Band into the wee hours of the morning, and hot tub in snow storms. Frankly, I think we annoy some of the other neighbors.

Good times.

These neighbors of ours have started something of a practical joke war.

It all started with them placing tacky tacky TACKY ugly pictures, from the Good Will, all over our yard.

While we were on vacation.


They may have been making fun of us and our expensive mistake and falling victim to "The Israeli Art Student Scam". Or not. (we did get our money back thankyouverymuch Jefe's expensive brain). What you can't see from the photos are all of the ugly works of "art" hanging in our trees. They were plentiful. Apparently our house was quite the side show, as people slowly drove by... wondering what on earth were we doing?

But we got them back.

With 12 rolls of wrapping paper. It was fun. I took photos, and Jefe and Thing 1 wrapped like mad dogs. At midnight. I woke up the next morning to flashes of light from their camera, documenting our crime. We laughed manically, in our warm house, as we watched them clean up. All 12 jumbo rolls of paper.

It was short lived.

We found a version of this written on our glass shower door... in anti-fog. I was TOTALLY embarrassed because my bathroom looked like a gas station bathroom. It needed some serious cleaning.

Up until this point, we had an unwritten rule about "no going in the house" or "bribing each other's children to help". Now all bets - and rules- were off.

So we took that tacky yard "art" and snuck into their house when they went to a football game. We took a package of hot dogs with us to use to bribe their big husky dog-- which whimpered at us the whole time we were there-- and hung all that "art" on the walls in their house.

I think it actually took them a while to notice all the clever places we had hung stuff, because some of it is still hanging. Right now. As I type.
(insert evil laugh)

No.

It doesn't stop there. Our street was under construction recently, and we heard them--our nutty neighbors-- outside giggling, as they put all the flasher barricades in our driveway.

Which we promptly moved to their front porch.

Wait. There's more.



Have you seen all those tacky "single.org" signs? Yeah. We did too. We put them all over their yard. This is just one side of their yard. I think the best part of the whole thing was watching all the people drive by, then back up slowly, stop and read and then drive slowly away, shaking their head--as if they didn't get it. Which they didn't. I just sat on my porch, watching and laughing.


It's their turn to get us. Nutty neighbor says he has had it planned for months. Yeah, right. I say, bring it on baby! Because my next one is SO good. SO GOOD. Nothing will top it.

Unless he really does get that crane to put Jefe's Jeep on top of the house... Then, I can't wait to post photos of it!

Stay tuned!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes