Random randomness and then some tunes. On Saturday.

Saturday, January 09, 2010

When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. - Jack Handy

Hello. Remember me? I sort of fell off the face of the planet. I haven't written anything for the blog for several weeks. I had the bucket fillers written and posted until December 31st and then I sort of just walked away and never looked back.

I had two things that were inhibiting me from writing. The first was a serious case of writers block. I used to scoff at people who would say they had writers block. Really? How do you get writers block, I used to think. I always have something to say.

Then I was infected with it.

It's kind of like an unwanted squatter in your brain, and really hard to evict. I think it set up camp because of how stressed out I have been. Mostly because of reason number two.

The conference. Have you heard about it? My partner and I have been working diligently on launching the first ever Casual Blogger Conference. It's my brain child that MomBabe has helped me bring to fruition.

The tickets went on sale yesterday, and I have been pleasantly surprised with the amount we have sold!

Have you have ever wanted to go to a Blogging Conference, but the cost looked daunting and intimidating so you just said Bag it?

Yeah. Me too.

That's where the idea for The Casual Blogging Conference came from. I figured there was probably others who felt the same and would love to network and learn about their favorite hobby. But the cost and intimidation factor was just too high.

MomBabe and I have worked really hard to make the conference affordable and approachable-- to take the intimidation factor out. It's for the casual blogger who just wants to learn more about their favorite hobby, but not necessarily become a "professional" blogger.

There will be classes on photography, writing and digital design-- all from some of the industries leading experts. We even have some of the Nielsen Top 50 Bloggers presenting.

'Nuff said. You should come.

Now that the tickets are launched I'm thinking the writers block is starting to lift.

*****
Jefe and the boy went camping in -3 temperatures.

They came home 4 hours after they left. They said it wasn't because it was cold, but because the boy burned his hand pretty good.

I guess that makes them feel better, right?

Jefe said it was so cold the blowup bed froze and exploded when he tried to blow it up.

Jefe's ear plugs were frozen solid.

They rolled in around 1:30am. I think they were glad to be home.

*****
Typically I get along with everyone I meet. I am super easy going, not easily intimidated, and pretty easy to talk to.

At least I think so.

I rarely meet a person that I don't like because I have a belief that every person has something to offer, you just have to look for it. Sometimes a little harder than others.

However.

I am acquainted with a person who I see occasionally. We have met numerous times, and every time I see them my eye twitches. I just don't trust this person. Mostly because they intimidate the snot out of me and I'm not sure why. This person is no more successful than I and yet I feel as though they look down on me because of who I am... a stay at home mother and not a working mother.

Whenever I realize we are going to be at the same place, I have to gear myself up by doing my Daily Affirmation:

I'm good enough!
I'm smart enough!
And dog-gone-it!
People like me!

*****
I have a post I'm working on with regards to my pet-peeves. (apparently the flood gates have been opened with regards to writing ideas. yay!)

One of my biggest pet peeves?

Businesses sending customers text messages. It seems rather presumptious of that business to assume that everyone has unlimited text messaging. A lot of people don't. So their little Advertising ploy very well may have cost their intended client twenty-five cents. That's not a lot, but when they do it on a regular basis? It can add up fast.

That's irritaing.

I also hate it when church groups use text messaging to "get the word out" about events. Seriously people. Have we completely lost the art of communication?

*****
Watching Law & Order --all 900 versions of it-- is like watching a train wreck. You know you shouldn't but you just can't help it.

It sucks you in and then uses mind control powers so that you can never escape.

Help! I'm stuck in a Law & Order marathon and I can't get out!

*****
I hate grocery shopping with a passion. I also hate working out with a passion. However, with my new little present that Jefe gave me for Christmas I have found myself looking for excuses to do both.

Mostly because when I go to the store I listen to one of my stations on this and when I go walking (cause lets face it. I can't even run to the mailbox) I listen to this.

I really like that last one because its 1hour of solid exercise music that is made specifically to help you get "in the zone" or as the Dj says--a trance-- where you totally aware of your body and what its doing. You will match the speed of your run or walk to the BPM of the music. I have listened to a bunch of the podcasts and I have to say that I have not found one yet that I don't like.

It is FANTASTIC work-out music.

*****
Have a great weekend!

Catch ya on the flip-side!

1. My Girls - Animal Collective
2. Sweet Dispostion - The Temper Trap
3. Two Weeks - Grizzly Bears
4. Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
5. 1901- Pheonix
6. Lucid Dreams - Franz Ferdinand
7. Infinity - The xx
8. King Rat - Modest Mouse
9. Walkabout [w/Noah Lennox]
10. Wilco (the song) - Wilco

Bonus: Kettering - The Antlers


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes