Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, January 29, 2010
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them more. - Oscar Wilde
1. Better Luck Next Time - Scissor Sisters
2. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
3. Fresh Pair of Eyes - Brooke Waggoner
4. Free Fallin' (Live) - John Mayer
5. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee
6. Where I Belong - Sia
7. Green & Gray - Nickelcreek
8. Love & Peace or Else - U2
9. Trouble - Coldplay
10. Nothing Lasts Forever (Live) - Echo & The Bunnymen
Bonus: Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band
Yesterday I had a wrestling match with Moxie. I would put her socks on and she would promptly yell, and pull them off. This went on for well over five minutes. I think I kept doing it simply because it was funny to see her freak-out a little.
They were these adorable little MaryJane socks that I've had since she was born, but her feet were insanely tiny-- and the socks drowned her. She finally has large enough feet for the socks to fit, and frankly? They are adorable.
She kept doing her freak-out when she finally took a deep breath and said:
"No socks. Stupid."
Awesome. My 22month old now owns the word Stupid.
*****
Lost is in five days.
Just sayin'.
*****
I was in my own little world yesterday when I was driving my kids out to school. Thing 1 had an Ortho appointment, so I just took the kids to school.
I was mentally thinking about all the things I needed to do, when I stopped at the stop sign. I was still mentally thinking about all the things I had to do when I proceeded through the stop sign.
That's when I noticed this lady on the side of the road screaming at me, and clapping her hands. I came out of the fog to see that there was a school bus, on the other side of the road. Mind you, there were no children ANYWHERE near me.
I quickly came to and waved my hands that I was sorry. She kept yelling at me. On the outside of my car. Thing 1 started laughing at her, which apparently made her more mad.
I watched the lady then promptly change personalities right before my eyes and sweetly smile at her children, waving at them like a little old lady waves at her grandchildren.
When the bus pulled away, I was still watching her when she looked at me and then said "You. Stupid. Bitch. " Very slowly so I would not miss one. single. syllable.
I was sort of taken back.
Really? Are comments like that necessary when a person makes a mistake, and has apologized? Do comments like that make her feel better, or superior?
I found myself pondering on her behavior all day yesterday, and I am still speechless. She called me a stupid bitch, and nothing good came from those ugly words being uttered.
Nothing good at all.
*****
Where do you get your ideas for you blog posts? Mine come to me while I am driving. I think up some of the best stuff while I'm driving my kids hither and yon. But, by the time I get home I can't remember them anymore.
I recently found my little recorder app on my iPhone. Guess what I'm doing now as I'm driving. Talking my ideas into the recorder so I can remember them when I get home.
Sometimes talking the idea out helps put the piece into the right words.
I'm sort of having fun with that. I've got some good stuff recorded. And it may or may not have to do with dwarfs, talking woodland creatures and using your imagination.
*****
Have you ever Googled Chuck Norris?
You should.
Thing 1 did it yesterday and somehow when she clicked on the "I'm feeling lucky? she a got a google search page with one line that read " Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you."
Then the rest of the page said:
Suggestions:
They were these adorable little MaryJane socks that I've had since she was born, but her feet were insanely tiny-- and the socks drowned her. She finally has large enough feet for the socks to fit, and frankly? They are adorable.She kept doing her freak-out when she finally took a deep breath and said:
"No socks. Stupid."
Awesome. My 22month old now owns the word Stupid.
*****
Lost is in five days.
Just sayin'.
*****
I was in my own little world yesterday when I was driving my kids out to school. Thing 1 had an Ortho appointment, so I just took the kids to school.
I was mentally thinking about all the things I needed to do, when I stopped at the stop sign. I was still mentally thinking about all the things I had to do when I proceeded through the stop sign.
That's when I noticed this lady on the side of the road screaming at me, and clapping her hands. I came out of the fog to see that there was a school bus, on the other side of the road. Mind you, there were no children ANYWHERE near me.
I quickly came to and waved my hands that I was sorry. She kept yelling at me. On the outside of my car. Thing 1 started laughing at her, which apparently made her more mad.
I watched the lady then promptly change personalities right before my eyes and sweetly smile at her children, waving at them like a little old lady waves at her grandchildren.
When the bus pulled away, I was still watching her when she looked at me and then said "You. Stupid. Bitch. " Very slowly so I would not miss one. single. syllable.
I was sort of taken back.
Really? Are comments like that necessary when a person makes a mistake, and has apologized? Do comments like that make her feel better, or superior?
I found myself pondering on her behavior all day yesterday, and I am still speechless. She called me a stupid bitch, and nothing good came from those ugly words being uttered.
Nothing good at all.
*****
Where do you get your ideas for you blog posts? Mine come to me while I am driving. I think up some of the best stuff while I'm driving my kids hither and yon. But, by the time I get home I can't remember them anymore.
I recently found my little recorder app on my iPhone. Guess what I'm doing now as I'm driving. Talking my ideas into the recorder so I can remember them when I get home.
Sometimes talking the idea out helps put the piece into the right words.
I'm sort of having fun with that. I've got some good stuff recorded. And it may or may not have to do with dwarfs, talking woodland creatures and using your imagination.
*****
Have you ever Googled Chuck Norris?
You should.
Thing 1 did it yesterday and somehow when she clicked on the "I'm feeling lucky? she a got a google search page with one line that read " Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you."
Then the rest of the page said:
Suggestions:
- Run, before he finds you
- Try a different person
I think the Chuck Norris jokes are some of my favorites.
*****
Have a good weekend. I'm heading down south to a GNO party with some of my good pals, and some pals I've never met before. It should be loads of fun.
Lets just hope that the sex conversation can be kept to a minimum. I would hate for our table to turn into the table that was behind me one of the times Kristina, Amber, Sher and I had lunch. All I can say is: "Holy loud fat man, batman!"
Really. I have never heard a patron in a restaurant be so LOUD. He was practically yelling his conversation to the point that no one around could carry on a conversation.
Amber may have loudly said something about shut the hell up, but I could be wrong.
The table that was being our buffer between the loud-fat man-batman decided that they couldn't take it, so they moved. As they were walking away, I touched one of their arms and said, pleadingly, "Please don't go. You're our buffer!"
I really did. I begged them not to move because we had had 5 minutes of silence.
They moved anyway.
I may have complained to management rather loudly.
But the Holy Loud Fat man, Batman just kept talking. He had just flown in from San Antonio that day, did you know? It was long a$$ flight, and he was starving. STARVING. Did you know?
Sigh.
Lets hope we can keep it down to a low rumble so we aren't the Holy Loud Fat ladies, Batman.
*****
Have a good weekend. I'm heading down south to a GNO party with some of my good pals, and some pals I've never met before. It should be loads of fun.
Lets just hope that the sex conversation can be kept to a minimum. I would hate for our table to turn into the table that was behind me one of the times Kristina, Amber, Sher and I had lunch. All I can say is: "Holy loud fat man, batman!"
Really. I have never heard a patron in a restaurant be so LOUD. He was practically yelling his conversation to the point that no one around could carry on a conversation.
Amber may have loudly said something about shut the hell up, but I could be wrong.
The table that was being our buffer between the loud-fat man-batman decided that they couldn't take it, so they moved. As they were walking away, I touched one of their arms and said, pleadingly, "Please don't go. You're our buffer!"
I really did. I begged them not to move because we had had 5 minutes of silence.
They moved anyway.
I may have complained to management rather loudly.
But the Holy Loud Fat man, Batman just kept talking. He had just flown in from San Antonio that day, did you know? It was long a$$ flight, and he was starving. STARVING. Did you know?
Sigh.
Lets hope we can keep it down to a low rumble so we aren't the Holy Loud Fat ladies, Batman.
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Better Luck Next Time - Scissor Sisters
2. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
3. Fresh Pair of Eyes - Brooke Waggoner
4. Free Fallin' (Live) - John Mayer
5. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee
6. Where I Belong - Sia
7. Green & Gray - Nickelcreek
8. Love & Peace or Else - U2
9. Trouble - Coldplay
10. Nothing Lasts Forever (Live) - Echo & The Bunnymen
Bonus: Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band
