Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, March 12, 2010

A blog is merely a tool that lets you do anything from change the world to share your shopping list.
~ Unknown


A couple of weeks ago I was talking to Jefe and told him that I wanted to tell him something and I didn't want him to tease me about it.

I have to add these kind of qualifiers when I know I am opening a door for his Mockingness to walk through, because I pretty much do it on a daily basis.

The line got really quiet while he waited--with bated breath-- for me to reveal my latest discovery.

I cleared my throat and then quickly divulged IhaveatestimonyofbloggingandIknowit'strue.

He said "WHAT? I couldn't hear you."

I pulled up my boot straps and proclaimed proudly "I have a testimony of blogging and I know it's true."

The line was quiet for a minute and I thought maybe he had actually hung up on me.

Then I heard a snort. "You have a TESTIMONY OF BLOGGING? Do you know it's true with every fiber of your being, without a shadow of a doubt and its the one and only true medium?"


I told him to shut up and changed the subject.

Trust me. He has never let me forget that I bore my testimony of blogging to him. Nor has my friend Tracy. When I told her the story, she was laughing so hard that it made me laugh and I may or may not have actually choked on my french fries.

*****
What blogs do you like to read?

I've been spending some time on the Lost blogs. Mostly because HELLO! The season ends this year, and I have YET to figure out what the crap is going on. I thought I had a good idea-- but now? Not so much. I really like this blog-- she breaks each episode down with screen shots-- and catches stuff that I have missed.

And HOLY people of walmart! This site is a train wreck of crazy people. It makes me feel good because of two reasons:
1) I have actually SEEN people dressed like this at Wal-mart.
2) It makes me feel better about myself because I'm not listed there. Yet.

*****
Today was the maturation dealio at school for Thing 2. He was adamant. A-D-A-M-A-N-T that I not participate in any way, shape or form.

This was the first time that he really insisted that I ignore him totally and completely.

I obliged.

That is AFTER I took him out for treats and had a "little chat". We wandered through the stores at the mall that boys like - Sports stores and shoe stores-- then while we were indulging on our Jamba Juice, we chatted about important stuff, that sent my son seven shades of red.

He said I was embarrassing him and I told him that was good news. That meant I had been doing a good job as him Mom.

It was delightfully entertaining for me, and I actually think he liked it. He hugged me after and told me he loved me... so the proofs in the pudding, right?

*****
I have all the windows open in my house right now and I am in hog heaven.

Just thought you should know.

*****
I'm thrilled to death with how the ticket sales are going for that little blogging conference I'm putting on doing. It has been so much work it feels like at times I have two full time jobs. But, it is going to be SO WORTH IT!

People were talking smack about #CBC10 for a while saying we wouldn't be able to pull it off, or it was hokey and a pile of sheesh.

But, I a happy to report that not only have we pulled it off, we have sold almost all our tickets!

Companies have come out of the woodwork to sponsor us and I am thrilled with the amount of gifts we have for the swag bags. I know its a holiday weekend, but people, if you haven't gotten your ticket yet because you were waiting for a message from God saying you should attend-- you better get on it. The tickets are going quick and I know you're going to be sad you missed it when you see all the FANTASTIC stuff people are posting about.

Just sayin'.

*****
That's all for this week folks. I can't really think of much else to say.
My life is being run by the Junior High Career Day for 1,200+ students in two weeks.

Yes. 1,200+ Junior High Students.

In Two weeks.

We have 48 presenters for the Junior High students to learn from and we actually had two people bail on us. The administration was FREAKING out and I told them not to worry, I had it all under control. What did I do after I had a mild freak-out myself? I sent out a Facebook request and in literally 2 hours had all their replacements.

I ♥ Facebook!


Catch ya on the flip side, dudes.

1. Butterflies - Sia
2. Nightingale - Norah Jones
3. Heaven - The Psychedelic Furs
4. No Matter What - Jakob Dylan
5. Two Steps (LIVE) - Dave Matthews
6. Telling Them - Starsailor
7. Shout Out Loud - Amos Lee
8. Just Like Heaven - The Watson Twins
9. Walkabout (w/Noah Lennox) - Atlas Sound
10. True Colors - GLEE Cast

Bonus: Moment of Surrender - U2




  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes