Actual Conversation
Thursday, March 04, 2010
Thing 1: Mom, I'm glad you're my mom.
Me: Gosh, thanks. What brought that on?
Thing 1: You dress like a normal mom.
Me: Huh?
Thing 1: You don't dress like the other moms, and I'm glad.
Me: I don't get it. What does that mean?
Thing 1: All the other mom's dress in really tight clothes and it's embarrassing. They think they're teenagers. It's sort of gross. You dress in old people clothes and I'm glad.
Me: You like the way I dress?
Thing 1: Yeah. I do. I like that you don't dress like a teenager, but like an old person.
Me: Oh... Well... Uhhh... Thank you? And, you're welcome.
Me: Gosh, thanks. What brought that on?
Thing 1: You dress like a normal mom.
Me: Huh?
Thing 1: You don't dress like the other moms, and I'm glad.
Me: I don't get it. What does that mean?
Thing 1: All the other mom's dress in really tight clothes and it's embarrassing. They think they're teenagers. It's sort of gross. You dress in old people clothes and I'm glad.
Me: You like the way I dress?
Thing 1: Yeah. I do. I like that you don't dress like a teenager, but like an old person.
Me: Oh... Well... Uhhh... Thank you? And, you're welcome.
