Stressed to the Max. Baby.

Monday, March 22, 2010


A year ago I was asked if I wanted to head Career Day at the Junior High School for 1,280 12-15year old kids.

I promptly told them Hell-to-the-NO.

I was then, a month later, sent a letter stating that I was invited to the "changing of the guard" for the PTSA and would I kindly attend. I noticed that there was food attached to the venue so I thought, what the heck.

It was AT THAT MEETING where I found out that I was in fact not only going to be on the committee for Career Day, but I was THE COMMITTEE CHAIR.

I wanted to die.

I had myself convinced that it really wasn't going to be that big of a deal because I am a true delegate. If I give out an assignment, then I expect you to do it and do it well. If you don't, then you are the one that looks like a fool. Not me.

(OK. yes me. whatever.)

I called in every favor that was ever owed me, and we have an outstanding lineup for Career Day, which is this Thursday.

For the love of all things GOOGLE! It's THIS Thursday!

(no I'm not stressed, why do you ask?)

I was even able to convince the LT. Governor of my fine state to come and give an assembly for the 1,280 students.

Actually, I had to negotiate with him on time. I felt like I could negotiate with the big dawgs when I finished the negotiation process.

We needed 45 minutes.

He offered 15.

I countered with 30 minutes.

He countered with 15-18 minutes.

I laughed. (and started sweating) And countered with 25minutes.

He insisted on 18 minutes.

I countered with 20 minutes.

He agreed and I just couldn't help myself when I burst out: "Sold! You have yourself an assembly for 20 minutes."

This is a big deal, this career day. We have 47 presenters coming to the school to speak to 3 groups of 30 kids about their chosen profession. It has been a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

However, my stress doesn't end with the 1,280 Jr High Students.

Nope.

I have this wicked awesome conference you may have heard about that I am also working on around the clock. (our tickets are almost sold out! thankyouverymuch!) We are doing a LIVE Conference Chatter broadcast on Thursday night. Yes. THIS Thursday Night. The night of the 1,280 student entertainment day.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

The Conference Chatter
is going to be awesome! We'll make it into a podcast after the call so that if you weren't able to call in and listen and ask questions, you will still be able to catch it as a podcast.

We have some excellent guests on that show-- Just some bloggers by the name of CJANE. And, MY GIVE AWAY TODAY, SUE from NAVEL GAZING, MOMBABE VANESSA and ME.

If you have ever wondered what their voices sounded like (or mine) feel free to call in and listen! You can even ask us any question and we'll answer it. Probably.

Check the conference website for the call in numbers.

Someone asked me recently if I would sit on the boundary committee for the new school they are building in our area.

I started laughing manically and then muttering like a crazed homeless man about my head exploding.

I think I actually scared them.

I am totally honest when I tell you that if I add one more thing to my life at this point you will find brain matter from here to Tennessee because my head will have exploded.

I will be SO glad when this week is over.

My family will be too.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes