My Time Around The Water Cooler

Tuesday, March 16, 2010



I've stopped looking at my stats. I have. I just up and quit and I rarely look at my super duper spy ware, or my feed burner because I was getting a little obsessed.

I was trying to think up amazingly creative stuff to write so that my stats and subscribers would continue to go up and it was taking all the fun out of blogging.

I couldn't blog about the things that I really wanted to blog about, because FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOGLE people were actually reading and critiquing me.

Lately I have realized that what I want from my blog is for it to be a place for my children to go and hear their Mother's voice. Especially after I am gone.

We all know, however much we choose to pretend, that someday we will die. I want a place for my children to be able to go and read my words. I want them to be able to hear my voice and maybe get some comfort. I want them to see that their Mother was a good person; that she loved them totally, completely and unconditionally.

I wanted them to read the good fluffy stuff along with some of my challenges.

I wanted them to know that it wasn't always butterflies and roses... that life is hard.

Sometimes I was funny, and sometimes I just plain dropped my basket. (I still can't read that without crying).

I wanted them to know that sometimes I had a lot of faith, and sometimes not so much.

I wanted them-- when they are having their trials-- to have a place where they could see someone else who had been down the same road they were on. I wanted them know that Yes! Sometimes life does suck, but I did it. And so can they. They can do hard things. That is my desire for my children and the purpose of my blog.

Not stats. Not visits. Not comments.

Just Motherboard talking to The Things & Moxie.

I have heard it said that bloggers are narcissistic and self absorbed. Perhaps just a little.

However, I would venture that there is large percentage of us out there that just wants a little piece of themselves to leave behind for posterity.

Our ancestors were like that, you know, with their journals and letters.

This is my little piece of sumthin'-sumthin' for future generations.

What's yours?


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes