Epiphanies

Monday, March 02, 2009

Recently I have been wrestling with some problems. They are by no means life altering, or earth shattering… but they are my problems none the less. I wrestle and wrestle, and then wrestle some more. It seems like every morning when I wake up they are there… taunting me. No matter what I do, they just don't seem to go away. It's discouraging. And honestly? I'm tired.

I have done pretty much everything that is in my power to solve my problems. I have turned to the people involved and then included some more people and have done a whole lotta begging. And pleading. And crying. I have turned everywhere that I could possibly think of for solutions or answers. But I still seem to come up empty handed. Won't someone intervene on my behalf? Where is MY fairy Godmother when I need her?

I was in the midst of crying to my friend recently when she said something that hit me like a ton of bricks. She was talking about Moses when he led the people out of captivity. She said something to the effect that God provided a way for the people to be healed and saved… and all they had to do was stop and look. But, "because of the simplness of the way or the easiness of it many perished." It was as though God had taken a railroad tie and hit me upside the head. It was a profound ah-ah moment for me.

I had done everything in my power to solve my problems except for the easiest and most necessary step of all. I had forgotten to include The Lord in my problem solving. I had turned to everyone except Him. I had found myself thinking that my problem was much much more difficult than what could be solved by just praying and reading my scriptures. "That is just too easy for what I am wrestling with" is what I was thinking.

I was wrong and I was doing it wrong… trying to rely on my knowledge more than the knowledge of my God. Everything did not magically disappear with this realization. My problems are still facing me every single morning when I wake up… but they feel less daunting. I know I will find the solutions for them. I just have to have a little more faith and a little more trust.

Because really? God will tell me how to solve my problems. He is a God of many miracles and great power. He can instruct me on all things… I just have to stop and look.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes