Random 10 Friday & A Mr. Linky

Friday, March 13, 2009

Punctuality is the virtue of the bored. - Evelyn Waugh

Do you watch ER? (not to be confused er which is what Jefe calls it... like the ending of a word, er... yeah. irritating) Anyway. I have to admit that I was quite skeptical of how they were going to pull this final season off. All the other shows, when they have ended, have sorted ended all dorky like. (Seinfeld, Alias) However, I have been pleasantly surprised with how they have brought all the old characters back-- tying up loose ends-- showing us how those characters have evolved and changed! That was brilliant.

Seeing Ross and Hathaway last night was like seeing two old friends. And, my oh my. How quickly they slipped back into those familiar roles. I didn't even notice that it was the super-star George... They were just "that doctor that knocked up that nurse and they moved to Seattle with their twins" characters. Brilliant!

It has felt flawless to me (although the ala stork moment of the teen Mom dropping the newborn baby into the ER was a bit contrived). It has been like catching up with old friends as I have watched this season unfold. I started watching ER when it first started... back when Jefe and I first started. We had our beginnings at the same time and I feel sort of a kinship to this show. It was my comfort on long lonely nights when Jefe was in Law School. I watch very little television, however, this show has been the one constant that I have watched... for the last 15 years I have watched. I'm a little sad to see it end.

*******************************************************************

I wish you could have heard the shriek of horror when my kids logged on to my blog and saw the post about the outer wear I was going to purchase for my van. Oh my! It was hysterical! I got about no less than 7 messages on my cellphone about how they would die... DIE from embarrassment. Let me tell you, it made my day to witness them coming unglued!

{insert evil laugh here} Mwah-ha ha ha ha

Bad mommy. Bad bad mommy!

*****************************************************************

T3: I'm a pretty good kid to have around.

Me: Yes you are! You're awesome!

T3: No. I mean I'm a good person to have around. Wanna know why?

Me: Uhhh. Yeah Sure.

T3: I'm allergic to Werewolves. So, if I start sniffing, that means there is a werewolf around and you should start running.
Bold
Me: Wow. Good to know!

*********************************************************

Make sure you check back in on Crazyland on Monday. I'm going to be reviewing Annette Lyons new book Tower of Strength. There will also be a pretty sweet giveaway going on along with the reviews (which will also be published here and here).
Check them out and enter to win.
You can even enter your Grandma to win. Or the Dog. Just no cats please.

********************************************************
I have the Mr. Linky widget up on the blog for the Random 10 Friday participants. Let me just go over the rules again. You put your player, itunes, mp3player, Rhapsody or whatever you listen to music on, or where you store your music (you get the idea, right?) -- and put it on random play. Then you write down the first 1o songs that come up. (I just FF through them so that I can get it done faster) No fair skipping because you are embarrassed that you have Barry Manilow on there... That's the point. Mocking is fair game... but also new ideas on new music.

The first 10 songs. Write them in a post. Enter a link to the actual post on your blog in the Mr. Linky and we can travel together around Internet-land and either get new music for our players, or mock each other mercilessly. (could that sentence be any worse? gag.)
Your choice.

You can see an example of shortRandom 10 Fridays here here or here.

Wanna play??

Catch ya on the flip side!

1. Crystal Village - Pete Yorn
2. Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens
3. Southside of Heaven - Ryan Bingham
4. Sleeping To Dream (live) - Jason Mraz
5. Say - John Mayer
6. Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
7. Yes I Do - Rascal Flatts
8. What I Like About You - The Romantics
9. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice (shut up)
10. Dreidel - South Park

Bonus: Over My Head - The Fray




  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes