Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, March 20, 2009
I've never been in a ladies washroom. I have. They have a couch. - Two men selling purses on QVC
This week is the birthday week around Crazyland. Like 7 birthdays to be exact. Four of them are within days of each other. That's why the absence from Internet land. I've had parties people. Par-tays. And lots and lots of photos. Moxie celebrated numero Uno. She's one, and I'm a little sad. She is growing up WAY to fast and it makes my heart hurt... just a little. Why can't my kids all stay cute and little and un-opinionated for like eternity? Is that asking too much?
Today when I was running errands, I sort of accidentally ran over a dead skunk. I didn't see it until it was too late... and I sort of squished it further into the pavement. And now my car stinks. Skunks. They are the animals that keep on giving... even when they're dead.
I think I scared the tire/oil changer man at Wal-mart today. I went in bright and early to get my car duties taken care of and recited off the list of things I wanted them to do all while I did my shopping. (see? using that noggin' of mine, and killing 2 birds with one stone. or was it 2 skunks? anyway...) I was cruising around Wal-mart just ticking things off my list when I hear my name called over the intercom. I mosey back there and the cute little 20 something mechanic says: "Your car needs the expensive oil. You need to call your husband and ask his permission."
Oh yes he did.
He told me to go call my husband, (aka Daddy) and ask him if I could have the good oil in my car.
I looked at him and I could seriously feel my blood starting to boil. Before I could stop myself, I blurted out: "I don't need to ask permission from anyone to do anything to my car. If it needs the "good stuff", then by damn put the good stuff in there. He's not my Daddy for hells sake."
He looked a little shocked, mumbled yes ma'am and walked off.
He did vacuum the car. If that's any consolation for needing to ask my Daddy for permission to get the oil changed.
For hells sake.
**********************************************************
1. J'ai peur parfois - Adele
2. Vertigo - U2
3. Times Like These - Jack Johnson
4. Clarity - John Mayer
5. Thank U - Alanis Morisette
6. Something Coming Over - O.A.R.
7. Little Thing - Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds
8. My Winding Wheel - Ryan Adams
9. Rainbow - G. Love and Special Sauce
10. Jockey Full Of Bourbon - Tom Waits
Bonus: Crying Like A Church On Monday - New Radicals
This week is the birthday week around Crazyland. Like 7 birthdays to be exact. Four of them are within days of each other. That's why the absence from Internet land. I've had parties people. Par-tays. And lots and lots of photos. Moxie celebrated numero Uno. She's one, and I'm a little sad. She is growing up WAY to fast and it makes my heart hurt... just a little. Why can't my kids all stay cute and little and un-opinionated for like eternity? Is that asking too much?
******************************************************
Today when I was running errands, I sort of accidentally ran over a dead skunk. I didn't see it until it was too late... and I sort of squished it further into the pavement. And now my car stinks. Skunks. They are the animals that keep on giving... even when they're dead.
******************************************************
I think I scared the tire/oil changer man at Wal-mart today. I went in bright and early to get my car duties taken care of and recited off the list of things I wanted them to do all while I did my shopping. (see? using that noggin' of mine, and killing 2 birds with one stone. or was it 2 skunks? anyway...) I was cruising around Wal-mart just ticking things off my list when I hear my name called over the intercom. I mosey back there and the cute little 20 something mechanic says: "Your car needs the expensive oil. You need to call your husband and ask his permission."
Oh yes he did.
He told me to go call my husband, (aka Daddy) and ask him if I could have the good oil in my car.
I looked at him and I could seriously feel my blood starting to boil. Before I could stop myself, I blurted out: "I don't need to ask permission from anyone to do anything to my car. If it needs the "good stuff", then by damn put the good stuff in there. He's not my Daddy for hells sake."
He looked a little shocked, mumbled yes ma'am and walked off.
He did vacuum the car. If that's any consolation for needing to ask my Daddy for permission to get the oil changed.
For hells sake.
************************************************************
Last weeks Mr. Linky I think scared my commenter's away. I got like 4 comments. And 5 links. So, I think its safe to say it was a failure. Huge. Big. Fat. Failure. Oh well. It was worth a try. You never know until you try... So. I'm not putting the Mr. Linky up. Feel free to comment. Twice if you want.
Last weeks Mr. Linky I think scared my commenter's away. I got like 4 comments. And 5 links. So, I think its safe to say it was a failure. Huge. Big. Fat. Failure. Oh well. It was worth a try. You never know until you try... So. I'm not putting the Mr. Linky up. Feel free to comment. Twice if you want.
***********************************************************
My house looks worse than Hiroshima and I have Mt. Washmore in my laundry room. I really wish we had disposable clothes. Wouldn't that make all our lives easier?************************************************************
Have you ever eaten at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries? Holy Burger, Batman! I am not kidding when I say it is by far the best burger I have eaten. Ever. It's sort of embarrassing to admit, but I have eaten my fair share of burgers, but this one is a grand slam. AND. You get an enormous bag of fries with your burger. I really felt like I had died and gone to burger heaven.
My friends and I went to celebrate a birthday, and they kept mocking me because I was sort of moaning over my burger. Do you do that? When something is really good, you sort of moan about how good it is? Yeah. I did that. Apparently a lot while I ate my burger. And it was embarrassing. But I don't care, cause it was a freakin' good burger!
My friends and I went to celebrate a birthday, and they kept mocking me because I was sort of moaning over my burger. Do you do that? When something is really good, you sort of moan about how good it is? Yeah. I did that. Apparently a lot while I ate my burger. And it was embarrassing. But I don't care, cause it was a freakin' good burger!
************************************************************
Thing 3 has a big birthday tomorrow and she gets to have a visit from the tooth fairy as well. She had a tooth that was hanging on for dear life, and she would not let anyone touch it. It was nasty, and she made us put Moxies orajel on it. And then Jefe pulled it out. And then she screamed with horror... and it slowly turned to glee.
She's sort of a drama queen. She came home crying yesterday from her friends house, saying that someone sat on her foot and hurt it. Big giant crocodile tears. I calmed her down, sort of, and asked her to explain what happened.
T3: (Crying) I fell and someone sat on my foot and it hurt really bad.
Me: Who sat on your foot?
T3: I think I sat on my foot. And now I can't walk. I need crutches.
Me: (trying not to laugh) You can't walk and you need crutches? How did you get home then?
T3: I ran home. I can't walk. I need the crutches bad, Mom! (letting out a huge sob)
Me: Man. That stinks. Maybe we should just go to the Doctor instead.
T3: (stops crying, wipes her tears) No. I'm going to go play now. I told my friends I would be right back. (runs out the door)
Me: Alrighty then.
She's sort of a drama queen. She came home crying yesterday from her friends house, saying that someone sat on her foot and hurt it. Big giant crocodile tears. I calmed her down, sort of, and asked her to explain what happened.
T3: (Crying) I fell and someone sat on my foot and it hurt really bad.
Me: Who sat on your foot?
T3: I think I sat on my foot. And now I can't walk. I need crutches.
Me: (trying not to laugh) You can't walk and you need crutches? How did you get home then?
T3: I ran home. I can't walk. I need the crutches bad, Mom! (letting out a huge sob)
Me: Man. That stinks. Maybe we should just go to the Doctor instead.
T3: (stops crying, wipes her tears) No. I'm going to go play now. I told my friends I would be right back. (runs out the door)
Me: Alrighty then.
**********************************************************
Have a great weekend people. Spend it outside and do something fun... its like 70 today. Then on Monday we can enjoy the rain/snow mix again. Oh mother nature, why do you taunt us so?
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. J'ai peur parfois - Adele
2. Vertigo - U2
3. Times Like These - Jack Johnson
4. Clarity - John Mayer
5. Thank U - Alanis Morisette
6. Something Coming Over - O.A.R.
7. Little Thing - Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds
8. My Winding Wheel - Ryan Adams
9. Rainbow - G. Love and Special Sauce
10. Jockey Full Of Bourbon - Tom Waits
Bonus: Crying Like A Church On Monday - New Radicals


















