Moxie Moo

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Moxie had a birthday. Shout hurray! Or not. I'm happy she had a birthday, but sort of not. This baby, for me, has been in lightening speed mode. It sounds trite, but really it does seem like just yesterday that she was born...

She has been a complete dream. She was born with 1 push. Yes. I know. You want to punch me for the remaining hour that you were pushing your darlings out. What can I say? (According to Jefe, I was meant to do this... wuh?)

She was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, and has only recently started really crying. And that's because she has finally realized that she doesn't HAVE to do whatever it is that Thing 3 wants her to do.

She eats fantastically and when its bed time, I just have to kiss her goodnight, go around the house waving night-night to everyone and then put her in her crib. She promptly rolls over and is out. OUT! I know. I can't believe it either.

We have a tradition at our house that you get to have cake for breakfast on your birthday. Everyone gets up, your presents are wrapped and sitting on the kitchen table, with your cake and candles. We open presents, we blow out the candles and then we eat cake. All while we still have bed head and Jammie's on.

All day on your birthday you can have whatever you want for your meals. If you want candy and soda for lunch-- then you get it. It's the one day of the year, for each person, that I throw all common eating sense out the window. We usually eat crap on the little kids birthdays-- and they love it! It makes them feel special. For Moxie's birthday dinner we had Mac n Cheese and Hot Dogs. (blech)

The kids all commented how when Moxie was born, she filled our house with peace. She made them feel happy and peaceful... and you know what? She still does. She is the most peaceful child I have ever met. She is content, and calm and happy.

I cart her everywhere with me... and people always comment about what a dream my baby is. Yes. I know. She is dreamy. And very good.

She comes along with me to choir and sits in her seat and watches the kids. She will holler out when she is ready to be taken out and then I hold her or she sits on the ground while I teach. She has started "leading" the music with me... which totally cracks me up. Not to mention the kids. It's even funnier when she starts dancing.
Oh my. That girl loves to dance and sing. Maybe she'll be my music protege? One can hope.

She has words now that she owns and uses quite regularly. "'s-at" means what's that; "dah-dee" means Doggie and "Da-de" means Daddy. Then of course there's "Ma ma" which is well, only the most important word she will ever learn. Right?

She knows the sign for all done, more, eat, and milk. It cracks me up when people are holding her and she's giving them the sign for all done. I love being able to know what it is she wants.

She has filled my life with complete joy and I just cannot imagine it without her. She is a huge blessing to our family... so Happy Birthday Moxie Moo. We sure do love you!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes