Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, March 06, 2009
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. - Unknown
Pssst!
Psssstttt!
Come here.
No here.
Closer.... Closer....
Oh for Pete's sake. Come here, I want to whisper something to you!
Ready?
{{looks around to see who is watching}}
Ahem.
I swear.
GASP!
I know! Can you believe it??
But, it's true. I swear. And sometimes? Yeah. I swear a lot. I know. It's so uncouth. And so un-lady like. And so un MORMON of me. Eh. I don't care. {looking over her shoulder} I mean of course I care, but I don't care if you don't like me because I sometimes talk like a sailor. I do. I try daily to not swear, however, sometimes it just gets the better of me. I have worked on it on and off for the majority of my life. Its just my thing.
Does that make me a bad Mormon if I swear? No. Does it make me less Christ-like? No. So, for the love of all that's holy, will you please quit sending me emails about how I am not a good mormon or a good example "to the world" because I swear? Welcome to reality. Welcome to Crazyland. If it bugs you that bad, don't read my blog.
And really? All I do with your nasty emails is just print them out and run over them with my car.
Just sayin'.
(and that goes with all the other nasty hate mail I have gotten over the past couple of weeks. Get a life people. Seriously.)
Moxie has discovered her new passion. Its quite exciting that she has found something she LOVES to do. However, this new passion of hers is driving me insane. Literally. Do you know how irritating it is to be in the middle of an email to your child's teacher only to have the computer suddenly start flickering and then completely shut off?
Annoying.
I look down only to see my sweet, darling Moxie frantically pushing that power button on and off as fast as her cute little finger could muster. I growled rather unexpectedly, scaring poor little Moxie right to death. She cried. I laughed. It was all good.
Until she did it again.
And again.
And again.
And, yet again.
Pushing that power button fast and furiously is her new passion. It's driving me insane. Those cute pudgy fingers are causing me to go crazy.
Oh wait. I'm already crazy.
Never mind.
When I was in 3rd grade, we had a class program where we sang Grandma's Feather Bed. I remember my teacher, Mrs. Manning, playing the piano and her student teacher teaching us these crazy actions. I remember how excited the student teacher was about our program-- because apparently that song was a popular song at that time. I remember her saying "you're going to blow your parents away with this song". I have no idea if we did or not. But what I do know is that I cannot ever hear that song without doing the actions. Still. At 37 years of age.
I have been teaching my choir students Grandma's Feather Bed, and I am happy to report that they know now the actions that I learned when I was in 3rd grade. It started out as me trying to ham it up for my students, to get them to sing louder, while we were learning the song... and I was dancing for them, doing my actions. Yes. I am white and nerdy. I'll do pretty much anything for a laugh.
The kids thought the actions were funny... and so they started doing them with me. And honestly? It sort of makes me just a teeny tiny bit happy that they are doing them. Nerdy or not.
Have you noticed that I haven't been around lately? I haven't. I have been posting and then promptly walking away from the computer. Actually, I write at night and post ahead. I have been spending my day painting and doing household stuff. Mostly. Ish.
It's so easy to get sucked into the comment vortex and never ever leave. I love comments. I adore comments. I would dare say that I am willing to pimp myself out for comments. However, I also have a family and a house and chores. Life continues outside of the world I have created inside my brain. I love the world inside my brain. But, I also love the life I have outside it too.
I hope you have missed me.
Because, I have missed you.
I have stopped looking at my stats. I rarely look at my super dooper spy ware, or my feedburner. I was getting obsessed. And we all know that's not healthy. I just quit looking. I was trying to think up amazingly creative stuff to write so that my stats would go up... and it took the fun out of blogging. When I just quit looking, I started blogging the things that I wanted to blog. The things that I want for my posterity.
When I started my blog almost 4 years ago, I really thought about what I wanted for it. I viewed it more of my journal than a place to meet friends. I wanted a place to vomit my stories, my feelings and thoughts. And I did so. Uncensored. I wanted my blog to be something for my children to read and see that their Mother was a good person. She loved them totally and completely.
I wanted them to read the good fluffy stuff along with my challenges. I wanted them to see that it wasn't always sunshine. Sometimes I was funny, and sometimes I just plain dropped my basket. (I still can't read that without crying) I wanted them to know that sometimes I had a lot of faith, and sometimes not so much. I wanted them, when they were having their trials, they could have a place to go and they could see someone else-- their Mom-- who had been down the road they were on. It sucked, but I did it. And so could they. They can do hard things. That was my desire for my children and the purpose of my blog. Not stats. Not visits. Not comments. Just Motherboard talking to The Things & Moxie.
I have heard it said that bloggers are narcissistic and self absorbed. Perhaps just a little. However, I would venture that there is large population of us out there that just wants a little something of themselves left for posterity. Our ancestors were like that with their journals, and letters and phone calls. This is my little piece of something for future generations. My "time around the water cooler", and if it means I am narcissistic and self absorbed.. well then. So be it.
There have been a ton of meet and greets lately. I have always been a little hesitant to attend simply because I like the anonymity of "Motherboard". Most don't know my real name or the kids names... and I like it. If I attend a meet & greet am I then obligated to divulge my "real name"? Or can I still just be Motherboard? Would anyone come? Or would it just be me, myself and the Crazylady - Estelle-- that lives in my brain?
1. Wonderwall - Ryan Adams
2. Fall Apart Today - Schuyler Fisk
3. New Morning - Trent Dabbs
4. Train - Feist + Ben Gibbard
5. I Only See You - Benton Paul
6. Black Keys - Andy Davis
7. For Your Love - Marching Band
8. Get Well Soon - The Perishers
9. Pulling On A Line - Great Lake Swimmers
10. These Days - Mary Lorson and Saint Low
Bonus: No Escape - Civalias
Pssst!
Psssstttt!
Come here.
No here.
Closer.... Closer....
Oh for Pete's sake. Come here, I want to whisper something to you!
Ready?
{{looks around to see who is watching}}
Ahem.
I swear.
GASP!
I know! Can you believe it??
But, it's true. I swear. And sometimes? Yeah. I swear a lot. I know. It's so uncouth. And so un-lady like. And so un MORMON of me. Eh. I don't care. {looking over her shoulder} I mean of course I care, but I don't care if you don't like me because I sometimes talk like a sailor. I do. I try daily to not swear, however, sometimes it just gets the better of me. I have worked on it on and off for the majority of my life. Its just my thing.
Does that make me a bad Mormon if I swear? No. Does it make me less Christ-like? No. So, for the love of all that's holy, will you please quit sending me emails about how I am not a good mormon or a good example "to the world" because I swear? Welcome to reality. Welcome to Crazyland. If it bugs you that bad, don't read my blog.
And really? All I do with your nasty emails is just print them out and run over them with my car.
Just sayin'.
(and that goes with all the other nasty hate mail I have gotten over the past couple of weeks. Get a life people. Seriously.)
**********************************************************************
Moxie has discovered her new passion. Its quite exciting that she has found something she LOVES to do. However, this new passion of hers is driving me insane. Literally. Do you know how irritating it is to be in the middle of an email to your child's teacher only to have the computer suddenly start flickering and then completely shut off?
Annoying.
I look down only to see my sweet, darling Moxie frantically pushing that power button on and off as fast as her cute little finger could muster. I growled rather unexpectedly, scaring poor little Moxie right to death. She cried. I laughed. It was all good.
Until she did it again.
And again.
And again.
And, yet again.
Pushing that power button fast and furiously is her new passion. It's driving me insane. Those cute pudgy fingers are causing me to go crazy.
Oh wait. I'm already crazy.
Never mind.
**************************************************************
When I was in 3rd grade, we had a class program where we sang Grandma's Feather Bed. I remember my teacher, Mrs. Manning, playing the piano and her student teacher teaching us these crazy actions. I remember how excited the student teacher was about our program-- because apparently that song was a popular song at that time. I remember her saying "you're going to blow your parents away with this song". I have no idea if we did or not. But what I do know is that I cannot ever hear that song without doing the actions. Still. At 37 years of age.
I have been teaching my choir students Grandma's Feather Bed, and I am happy to report that they know now the actions that I learned when I was in 3rd grade. It started out as me trying to ham it up for my students, to get them to sing louder, while we were learning the song... and I was dancing for them, doing my actions. Yes. I am white and nerdy. I'll do pretty much anything for a laugh.
The kids thought the actions were funny... and so they started doing them with me. And honestly? It sort of makes me just a teeny tiny bit happy that they are doing them. Nerdy or not.
*****************************************************************
Have you noticed that I haven't been around lately? I haven't. I have been posting and then promptly walking away from the computer. Actually, I write at night and post ahead. I have been spending my day painting and doing household stuff. Mostly. Ish.
It's so easy to get sucked into the comment vortex and never ever leave. I love comments. I adore comments. I would dare say that I am willing to pimp myself out for comments. However, I also have a family and a house and chores. Life continues outside of the world I have created inside my brain. I love the world inside my brain. But, I also love the life I have outside it too.
I hope you have missed me.
Because, I have missed you.
********************************************************************
I have stopped looking at my stats. I rarely look at my super dooper spy ware, or my feedburner. I was getting obsessed. And we all know that's not healthy. I just quit looking. I was trying to think up amazingly creative stuff to write so that my stats would go up... and it took the fun out of blogging. When I just quit looking, I started blogging the things that I wanted to blog. The things that I want for my posterity.
When I started my blog almost 4 years ago, I really thought about what I wanted for it. I viewed it more of my journal than a place to meet friends. I wanted a place to vomit my stories, my feelings and thoughts. And I did so. Uncensored. I wanted my blog to be something for my children to read and see that their Mother was a good person. She loved them totally and completely.
I wanted them to read the good fluffy stuff along with my challenges. I wanted them to see that it wasn't always sunshine. Sometimes I was funny, and sometimes I just plain dropped my basket. (I still can't read that without crying) I wanted them to know that sometimes I had a lot of faith, and sometimes not so much. I wanted them, when they were having their trials, they could have a place to go and they could see someone else-- their Mom-- who had been down the road they were on. It sucked, but I did it. And so could they. They can do hard things. That was my desire for my children and the purpose of my blog. Not stats. Not visits. Not comments. Just Motherboard talking to The Things & Moxie.
I have heard it said that bloggers are narcissistic and self absorbed. Perhaps just a little. However, I would venture that there is large population of us out there that just wants a little something of themselves left for posterity. Our ancestors were like that with their journals, and letters and phone calls. This is my little piece of something for future generations. My "time around the water cooler", and if it means I am narcissistic and self absorbed.. well then. So be it.
**********************************************************************
There have been a ton of meet and greets lately. I have always been a little hesitant to attend simply because I like the anonymity of "Motherboard". Most don't know my real name or the kids names... and I like it. If I attend a meet & greet am I then obligated to divulge my "real name"? Or can I still just be Motherboard? Would anyone come? Or would it just be me, myself and the Crazylady - Estelle-- that lives in my brain?
***********************************************************************
Have a great weekend folks. I'm getting ready for the week of birthdays. We have quite a few coming up. It's always a fun month when you have, between all the extended families, 6 birthdays to celebrate! Parties galore, I tell you!I have a Mr. Linky. But, I am hesitant to put it up. Would you participate with your random 10 songs and thoughts if I put it up? Is it a regular feature you would like to participate in, or is it just something you like to read?
Lets discuss.
Lets discuss.
*********************************************************************
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Wonderwall - Ryan Adams
2. Fall Apart Today - Schuyler Fisk
3. New Morning - Trent Dabbs
4. Train - Feist + Ben Gibbard
5. I Only See You - Benton Paul
6. Black Keys - Andy Davis
7. For Your Love - Marching Band
8. Get Well Soon - The Perishers
9. Pulling On A Line - Great Lake Swimmers
10. These Days - Mary Lorson and Saint Low
Bonus: No Escape - Civalias

















