Less is more?

Monday, March 09, 2009



Someone asked me recently why I didn't read a certain blog (don't ask, cause I won't tell you...it's an unfamiliar blog...) To be fair, I have browsed over the mentioned blog, but found that the posts were entirely TOO long... too wordy... and my attention was completely lost. It was for informational purposes, and I just could never quite find the information... amongst all the words.

Sometimes I know that I get rather long winded as well (random 10 Friday's for instance). I have things to say... and they sometimes get wordy. I have decided, however, that Less really is More. Short, sweet and concise is always a smarter way to go. I think.

So, here's the magic, million dollar question: If you see a post that is wordy -- really wordy-- do you find yourself passing on that blog post? Or do you hang tight and muddle through? Do you find yourself drawn to the short and sweet or long and drawn out? What is your favorite kind of blog posts to read?


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes